If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #101260  by Fenceman

New to the forum! Just purchased my first handgun - a VP9 HK and thought I would go ahead with the CCDW process.

Newspaper adv runs on the 11th, application filled out and notarized, 5 references completed leaving me with the photo (easy), training class and fingerprinting.

The Friday afternoon question is this:

From your personal experience is it best to (a) submit the application with fingerprints and safety cert ALL in one or (b) submit what is stated on the instructions, knowing this will take some time, and then get certified and fingerprinted during the wait process? If I am reading the instructions properly - I'm allowed to get fingerprinted within 45 days of filing and safety class to be taken within 90 days of approval.

Thoughts??

Thanx!
Ryan
 #101261  by NCC

I just did it all and submitted everything together as I did not want multiple trips into the city. I also was able to get my renewal photos this last time at Walgreens as the camera shop in the Christiana Mall closed up.
Last edited by NCC on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #101264  by photog

First, Welcome to the forum! :applause:

Second, the fingerprinting must be done and turned in with your application, references, photos, etc. The 45 days that you are speaking of is that the fingerprinting, once done, is only VALID for 45 days. This is why I recommend to my students to get the fingerprinting done last.

Third, the training may be completed ahead of time and the certificate turned in with the rest of your paperwork, (most folks do it this way) or, you may wait until you have been approved, you will be contacted by the AG's office that you are approved, then you will have 90 days in which to complete the training. (This has been problematic in the past, I have had many students call me in a panic that they were notified only a few weeks before that 90 days was going to expire, while others have related incidents where the bulk of the paperwork is in one location, and the training certificate ended up somewhere else.)

I must concur with NCC, best to turn it all in at once.

If you have any additional questions, please ask... Once again, Welcome!

Have a nice day!
photog