If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #101380  by pick_six

Interesting.

the whole topic would seem to disqualify anyone who attempts to get a concealed weapon permit, upon moving to Delaware, or any short time after arriving.

though open carry may damage the argument a bit, but i wonder how that rates on the infringe-o-meter?

for those that move to a new state to take a job and meeting all new people, this 2 year argument seems to do some level of infringing.
 #101384  by Dugan

pick_six wrote:Interesting.

the whole topic would seem to disqualify anyone who attempts to get a concealed weapon permit, upon moving to Delaware, or any short time after arriving.

though open carry may damage the argument a bit, but i wonder how that rates on the infringe-o-meter?

for those that move to a new state to take a job and meeting all new people, this 2 year argument seems to do some level of infringing.
Ive been putting off my CCW for this fact, I intially thought u had to know someone for so many years...

Then I was told its not listed anywhere...

Now this.. I knew it would come into play.
 #101387  by California_Exile

For what it may be worth, when I got my CCDW, I had lived in Delaware for about six months, and previously had lived in a different time zone. All of my references were people I'd known for six months. It wasn't a problem then, but that was a long time ago, when we had an AG who didn't sit around thinking up ways to screw gun owners over.
 #101412  by Boots

pick_six wrote:... though open carry may damage the argument a bit, but i wonder how that rates on the infringe-o-meter?

This is a may-issue state. Since open carry is not restricted, they can legally do whatever they want concerning concealed carry without infringing upon your 2A rights. Therefore, until you can jump through the hoops to get your CCDW, open carry is the way to go. To think that exercising your 2A rights before getting your CCDW is somehow a bad thing is false reasoning.
 #101414  by harr2969

Boots wrote:they can legally do whatever they want concerning concealed carry without infringing upon your 2A rights.

Boots, when you say that, you seem to accept the premise that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect 'how' we carry, only that we may. You seem to accept that our state is the proper arbiter of how we carry. Respectfully, I disagree. I would suggest the second amendment 'not infringed' should be interpreted to allow us to carry when, where, why and how we choose.
 #101416  by Boots

harr2969 wrote:
Boots wrote:they can legally do whatever they want concerning concealed carry without infringing upon your 2A rights.
Boots, when you say that, you seem to accept the premise that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect 'how' we carry, only that we may. You seem to accept that our state is the proper arbiter of how we carry. Respectfully, I disagree. I would suggest the second amendment 'not infringed' should be interpreted to allow us to carry when, where, why and how we choose.
As I clearly said, I was speaking 'legally'... not that I agree with it. It's not fair to assume I meant more than I actually said.

I'm quite sure the founding fathers were always armed, and 'concealed'.
 #101417  by Red Alert

I must say not to go off topic here but I'm getting kind of tired about this Constitution and government taking our rights crap. I know I am opening a big can of whatever here but lets be a tag bit reasonable folks.

We have to or should draw a line somewhere. And where would that line be? Tanks, nukes, bazookas, land minds? Where should it be drawn? There are just somethings that an everyday citizen does not need access to.

Now I agree that we should have the right to carry a firearm such as a pistol, shotgun, or a low power rifle. I think if everyone carried a firearm there would be less crime. But then again the total opposite could be the affect.

Now on the note of the main heading of my thread here, we elect these morons into office. If we are unhappy with the way things are going then we should vote the other way. This is true on any topic.

If we in this state are unhappy with the (shall issue) of the law then we should lobby our elected officials about it and for a change. How many members are registered on this site? The monthly meetings should include these elected officials or maybe go to their meetings. The majority does have a voice and it does work.

I would agree with the statement that less then a year is not enough. I would understand that. I personally thought the time limit was two years. I must say that it was hard for me to pick my references as well.

Another thing that doesn't really make sense is the county requirement for the references. Most of my friends live in Kent county. The CCW is good statewide. It shouldn't matter what county the references are from or what paper you put it in...

There should be some type of inclusion that if you have an out of state Delaware CCW and you move to Delaware then you should be able to get a resident CCW. Now if you didn't have one and you moved here then your just going to have to wait.

I personally think you would be wasting your money to get a lawyer. However, the consultation would be free so hope the lawyer isn't money happy taking it knowing you don't have a chance.

Either way, good luck and welcome to our state...
 #101442  by TexasJay

Red Alert wrote:I must say not to go off topic here but I'm getting kind of tired about this Constitution and government taking our rights crap. I know I am opening a big can of whatever here but lets be a tag bit reasonable folks.

We have to or should draw a line somewhere. And where would that line be? Tanks, nukes, bazookas, land minds? Where should it be drawn? There are just somethings that an everyday citizen does not need access to.

Now I agree that we should have the right to carry a firearm such as a pistol, shotgun, or a low power rifle. I think if everyone carried a firearm there would be less crime. But then again the total opposite could be the affect.

Now on the note of the main heading of my thread here, we elect these morons into office. If we are unhappy with the way things are going then we should vote the other way. This is true on any topic.

If we in this state are unhappy with the (shall issue) of the law then we should lobby our elected officials about it and for a change. How many members are registered on this site? The monthly meetings should include these elected officials or maybe go to their meetings. The majority does have a voice and it does work.

I would agree with the statement that less then a year is not enough. I would understand that. I personally thought the time limit was two years. I must say that it was hard for me to pick my references as well.

Another thing that doesn't really make sense is the county requirement for the references. Most of my friends live in Kent county. The CCW is good statewide. It shouldn't matter what county the references are from or what paper you put it in...

There should be some type of inclusion that if you have an out of state Delaware CCW and you move to Delaware then you should be able to get a resident CCW. Now if you didn't have one and you moved here then your just going to have to wait.

I personally think you would be wasting your money to get a lawyer. However, the consultation would be free so hope the lawyer isn't money happy taking it knowing you don't have a chance.

Either way, good luck and welcome to our state...
May issue. We do not live in a shall issue state. The judge can still deny you for any reason as trivial as "I don't like your face" and that's okay in the eyes of the law.