If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #104168  by M&P40Noobie

My wife and I are separated and living together. My parents came from out of state to visit for a week. At some point my wife panicked and thought my parents and I we're planning to leave the state with the kids and applied for emergency and full custody. I did and said nothing that should have lead her to think that. She also did not claim it was because of threats or abuse.
Could this lead to me getting my ccdw revoked or will it have any bearing when it comes time for me to renew?
 #104169  by Surface Dragon

Sounds rough. But I would be more concerned about the kids than the ccdw.

I don't see why it would affect your ccdw but I'm not a lawyer. Call a lawyer and ask if your really concerned.

If your wife is listed as one of your references on your ccdw you might need to find a new reference.

My parents split up when I was young so I know what its like from the kids perspective. Remember that kids are not things they're people and neither you nor your wife own them even though you may have had something to do with making them. I actually think its better for kids to experience changes in their life at young ages so that they might be more prepared to deal with the many changes that they have to make for themselves as adults. I'm not saying that you need to purposely subject your kids to hardship in an attempt to make them stronger but allow them to experience life be it with you, your wife, or in a perfect world both.

If this does affect your ccdw there is always the option to open carry so stay positive.
 #104171  by M&P40Noobie

Don't get me wrong. I am concerned about my kids. My parents split when I was about the same age and it was rough at first, but things got better. Unlike when my parents split, we still get along and for the time being I still live in the same house. So until things finally get settled I still get to see them everyday.
Its just that I know the state can be funny with things like that and the question just popped in my head so I figured I'd ask.
 #104175  by Surface Dragon

I wish I could be of more help.

But I don't really know what all the things are that might make keep you from getting/keeping your ccdw and after giving it some serious thought I don't know if a lawyer would know everything either. Makes me wonder if anyone has ever been denied their ccdw for sneezing at the wrong time, looking funny or because they don't like you as a person.
 #104177  by Fishhunter911

Not for nothing but I think maybe the Wife has some underlying issues that need to be dealt with if she is so quick to panic like that. Not so sure I would be OK with her having full custody. I would be more concern with getting before a judge than my CCDW.