If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #104322  by gixxer86

So while I'm waiting to see if I get my ccw I've been trying to decide what I want to carry, I've had my eye on the m&p shield feels good in my hand, it's a 6+1 and has a extended mag for 7+1 plus I would carry 2 extra mags on me but my buddy was saying that it's recommended to carry a pistol they holds more than that just wanted some other input thanks in advance
 #104323  by Surface Dragon

Was that a run-on sentence or were you too lazy to use one of these.?

I highly recommend the Glock 19 but carry whatever you feel comfortable carrying and using.
 #104324  by Chizult

I prefer a double stack 9, no extra mags. My CZ P02 holds 14-18 rounds plus one in the chamber depending on which mag I was to use.
 #104326  by myopicvisionary

I carry a Kimber 1911 .45ACP with two spare 8rd. magazines. Remember, the magazine is the weak link in any pistol. Always carry a spare.
 #104331  by whatevah

It's always a compromise between concealability and comfort vs capacity and power. Personally, I went with a Walther PPS .40 (very similar to the Shield, but with the german mag release and no safeties). I have the medium size 6rd mag with one in the chamber and carry a 7rd mag as a spare. If you're going with an IWB holster, it's hard to beat the Shield for size vs power.

My next favorite is the Ruger SR40C. 9rd magazine with a 15rd spare mag and you can get the normal SR40 magazines for more spares or range use. It's 3/10" of an inch thicker (0.95" vs 1.27") which may or may not be a problem for you... one of those things where you just have to try it out.
 #104373  by TexasJay

myopicvisionary wrote:I carry a Kimber 1911 .45ACP with two spare 8rd. magazines. Remember, the magazine is the weak link in any pistol. Always carry a spare.
^^^This. I carry double stacks, haven't bought a 1911 yet. Unless you're going to carry a wheel gun, carry at least one spare magazine. Two or more if its a single stack. You never know when things will go from bad to worse.

http://www.policeone.com/polices-heroes ... n-the-job/

Granted, most of us aren't LEOs so the likelihood of us running into a situation like this is remote, just goes to show the S can hit the F at any time.

*edit* the link isn't working. Google the story "Why one officer carries 145 rounds of ammo" and policeone.com should be the first search result.
 #105548  by nphocus

Elite Witness 10mm with a 14 round double stack mag and 1 in the chamber. I use Alien gear cloak 2.0 holsters. Pretty damn happy with them and even with such a heavy pistol it's really comfortable.
 #105566  by Kuntryboy816

nphocus wrote:Elite Witness 10mm with a 14 round double stack mag and 1 in the chamber. I use Alien gear cloak 2.0 holsters. Pretty damn happy with them and even with such a heavy pistol it's really comfortable.
Agreed! I carry a S&W MP40 and the Alien Gear holster is amazingly comfortable.
 #105569  by dave_in_delaware

For concealed carry I use a Springfield XD-9 sub-compact. 10+1 standard mag, then I carry an extended mag for another 15 rounds.

I would definitely carry an extra mag, because you never know.