If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #109517  by cahill85

After you get your ccw permit can you still choose to open carry or must you always conceal. People keep telling me that after you get your ccw you can't open carry anymore and I don't believe them. I wanted some proof and know there are some knowledgeable members here. Thanks.
 #109519  by cahill85

I heard it from a buddy and he said he heard it from someone we know that actually did just get his ccdw. I didn't think it sounded right.
 #109520  by astro_wanabe

I only ask because there have been a few instructors over the years giving incorrect information, possibly due to being personally anti-OC. Just wanted to know if it was a current instructor giving this info.
 #109521  by cahill85

I know he took his class within the past year. He is usually not one to talk crap so I'm thinking he was definitely taught that during the class. I will try and find out who the instructor was.
 #109523  by whatevah

Open carry is allowed because there is no law that restricts it. Laws can only take away or restrict rights, they don't allow any. The CCDW permit only affects concealed carry, the laws make no mention of open carry in any way. It's really hard to prove a negative. :) If they argue with you, tell them to show you the law that restricts open carry... they won't be able to. There have been some areas across the country that say that the gun must be concealed if carried, but Delaware is thankfully not one of those.
 #109524  by NormH3

I think he's confused with the once you get a drivers license, you legally can't ride a bike any longer law. :roll:
 #109525  by GatorDude

NormH3 wrote:I think he's confused with the once you get a drivers license, you legally can't ride a bike any longer law. :roll:
Or the law that says once you get an armed security guard license you can't do any unarmed security work.... :kuku: