If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #46533  by SCUBA9097

Dennis,

I'm sure that once people from here get to know you, a few would be willing to sign off. Stop on by sometime, let's do lunch. :)
 #46534  by phlydude

Out of experience, how much does the AG actually follow-up with references...I tend to be an honest person and I'd hate to have "acquaintances" be put into a situation where they have to verify my character.

Also, how specific would one recommend putting the reason for the request for a CC license? I mean is "to protect self, family and property" sufficient?
 #46565  by Boots

phlydude wrote:... Also, how specific would one recommend putting the reason for the request for a CC license? I mean is "to protect self, family and property" sufficient?
They can put "I don't know", or just "self-defense". Basically, the reference is just saying you're one of the 'good guys'. :D

And, they do run a background check on your references to check on who your friends are. ;)
 #46569  by GatorDude

Boots...I think he meant what does HE put on HIS application for reason....

I'm not certain. I told all of my references that they should check that they were not aware of why I was applying for a CCDW permit (it was none of their damn business in my view). They were all content with that, none got contacted and everything went smoothly for me.
 #46594  by GatorDude

That's a tough question. Some put just as you indicated: Self-defense and defense of my family....

Others put some additional statements about crime throughout the state and the need to protect yourself. Some put that they wish to conceal a firearm because they do not want people calling the police for a "man with a gun" when you are lawfully carrying a firearm.

Some put that they travel throughout the state, etc.

You should not, in my view, put anything that limits your "need" to only nighttime, while working, carrying cash or anything that could theoretically result in a limited license....
 #46608  by bluedog46

This might sound like a joke but is not. Whatever you do dont put "the second amendment to the constitution of the united states" as a reason for a ccdw. Although it is the reason and the truth in most cases.
 #46671  by myopicvisionary

The AG talked to all five of my references. As for the reason I was applying for a CCDW, I put "For protection of self and family when away from home".
 #46682  by bluedog46

maybe its off topic, but dont they have anything better to do than talk to references. I know this sounds redundent but there is a little thing called the second amendment
 #46703  by GatorDude

bluedog46 wrote:maybe its off topic, but dont they have anything better to do than talk to references. I know this sounds redundent but there is a little thing called the second amendment
Is that horse dead yet? We all know what the Second Amendment says. However, we also know you need a license/permit to carry concealed on the vast majority of states.