If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #37187  by mrjam2jab

Centre County is scheduled to be up and running with the new system by the end of September. Problem being....once the new system is running...you will have to apply in person.
 #37200  by GatorDude

mrjam2jab wrote:Centre County is scheduled to be up and running with the new system by the end of September. Problem being....once the new system is running...you will have to apply in person.
Oh...that's a problem. That's a helluva road trip..... :o
 #37203  by Boots

mrjam2jab wrote:Centre County is scheduled to be up and running with the new system by the end of September. Problem being....once the new system is running...you will have to apply in person.
Somehow, I doubt they will be completely doing away with mail-in applications for non-residents.
 #37206  by GatorDude

Boots wrote:
Somehow, I doubt they will be completely doing away with mail-in applications for non-residents.
Geez...I certainly hope so. I'm perfectly content with my non-descript paper LTCF.
 #37238  by mrjam2jab

Boots wrote:
Believe me...I'd wish i could agree with you.

The new computer systems include a digital camera and a signature pad that are both then "affixed" to the "teslin-type" card.

An article from February 2010:

Permit law changes could cost county

and from here....the March Bulletin will explain the new system parts.
 #37300  by T3Dice

Thanks for the article link. I guess I'll just mail to Centre before they switch to the "in person" method. We (in DE) have the luxury of being fairly close to PA to drive up and renew our LTCF's. Not so easy for those in other states (Missouri and New York as mentioned in the article) This will kill the PA Non-Resident LTCF.

Doesn't matter anyway... just made up my mind to keep my eye open for the Utah Non-Resident course. (More state's reciprocity... including PA)
 #37302  by Boots

T3Dice wrote:... just made up my mind to keep my eye open for the Utah Non-Resident course. (More state's reciprocity... including PA)
The DE CCDW course is good for FL also, and that gives you many more states too.

UT requires you take the UT course from a UT instructor.
 #37306  by radnor

T3Dice wrote:Doesn't matter anyway... just made up my mind to keep my eye open for the Utah Non-Resident course. (More state's reciprocity... including PA)
What are you doing on 2 Oct???
 #37308  by stephpd

I wonder if we can just run up to West Chester for renewals? Seems possible.
 #37309  by GatorDude

stephpd wrote:
I wonder if we can just run up to West Chester for renewals? Seems possible.
You would think so. However, I think they will run the entire process over again if they didn't issue the original permit. So frustrating. :banghead: