If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #5820  by cappilot06

For those of you who have received your DE CCDW and also your PA LTCF, which county or parrish in PA do you recommend in which to apply for the PA LTCF? I've heard conflicting stories about some counties approving and some denying (which I'm not sure they can do legally with the reciprocity agreement with DE).

Second, do I need to go apply in person?

Thanks!
 #5823  by radnor

CENTRE Co.

Received mine in 7 days. It IS PAPER. I copied mine at 60% and laminated it. Put the original in a safe. They want a reason, I used self defense nothing more, nothing less. No 500 word essay like here.
 #5826  by cappilot06

Thanks for the info!! Do I just search for Centre Co. LTCF online and download an application to mail in? If so, I'll be doing that today and dropping into the mail tomorrow.
 #5827  by radnor

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/lice ... cation.asp

ALL INFO IN LINK ABOVE

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firea ... eciprocity

Completed and Signed Application must be accompanied by the following:

1. A photo copy of a license to carry a firearm (concealed carry permit) from your home state if that state has a concealed carry law.
2. A photo copy of your Driver's License.
3. A self addressed stamped envelope.
4. $26.00 fee for five year license and out of state processing. (Check/money order made out to Centre County Sheriff.)

Mail to:

Centre County Sheriff's Office
213 East High Street
Bellefonte, PA 16823
 #5828  by cappilot06

Thanks Radnor!!!
 #5832  by Wynder

Stickied.
 #5891  by dave_in_delaware

I had called Lancaster County since that's where I'll be doing most of my carrying.

Must be in-person, twice. First to get app and fill it out and pay. Second (after approval), go in and get photo taken, get license handed to you.

Definitely more difficult than mail-order via Centre County, but the sheriff in Lanc Co sounded very nice and friendly about the whole deal.
 #5892  by Wynder

I think I might recommend getting it from Centre County so the Sheriff would have to go through more hoops if he had an issue with open carry and wanted to revoke it.
 #5894  by radnor

dave_in_delaware wrote:Must be in-person, twice. First to get app and fill it out and pay. Second (after approval), go in and get photo taken, get license handed to you.
$3.XX / gallon VS .84 (.42 each way)

The only real PLUS with Lanc. Co., PLASTIC VS paper LTCF and it's $25 in Lanc. Co. Centre Co is $26.00.

I dont go to Lanc. Co. too often, so mail was my best bet.