If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #37337  by mrjam2jab

GatorDude wrote:
stephpd wrote:
mrjam2jab wrote:Centre County is scheduled to be up and running with the new system by the end of September. Problem being....once the new system is running...you will have to apply in person.
I wonder if we can just run up to West Chester for renewals? Seems possible.
You would think so. However, I think they will run the entire process over again if they didn't issue the original permit. So frustrating. :banghead:

stephpd: Then you still run into the issue of whether or not Chester will follow the law and begin to issue to non-residents.

GatorDude: In PA a new app and a renewal are exactly the same process anyway.
 #37338  by stephpd

mrjam2jab wrote:

stephpd: Then you still run into the issue of whether or not Chester will follow the law and begin to issue to non-residents.

GatorDude: In PA a new app and a renewal are exactly the same process anyway.
Chester hasn't been one of the counties that folks have had problems with getting a LTCF. The instructor I had for handgun safety at TargetMaster said as much 3 years ago when I took the course. He also specifically said to stay away from Delaware Country and that they seem to think they don't have to obey the law. (Since then finding out that Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties also seem to think it's up to the sheriff's discretion.)

For PA residents it sucks because they have to apply and renew in the county that they reside. Out of state folks can apply in any county. I went through Centre County only because it was the only county that had a process of downloading the form and doing everything through the mail. With that no longer being a possibility I'll just have to drive to West Chester and see about getting one of the smaller plastic ones.

I still have a couple of years before I have to renew but I don't think it'll be much of a problem. Might have to do a little talking (if any) but that should be all.
 #37339  by mrjam2jab

stephpd wrote:
Chester hasn't been one of the counties that folks have had problems with getting a LTCF. The instructor I had for handgun safety at TargetMaster said as much 3 years ago when I took the course. He also specifically said to stay away from Delaware Country and that they seem to think they don't have to obey the law. (Since then finding out that Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties also seem to think it's up to the sheriff's discretion.)

For PA residents it sucks because they have to apply and renew in the county that they reside. Out of state folks can apply in any county. I went through Centre County only because it was the only county that had a process of downloading the form and doing everything through the mail. With that no longer being a possibility I'll just have to drive to West Chester and see about getting one of the smaller plastic ones.

I still have a couple of years before I have to renew but I don't think it'll be much of a problem. Might have to do a little talking (if any) but that should be all.

I was basing my reply on T3Dice's comment earlier:
T3Dice wrote:Called Chester Co. Sheriff today. They said to renew a non-resident PA LTCF, you must send it to the same place your original (expired) was issued. "....we do not give out new permits to non-resident's"
As I mentioned earlier...in a couple years when you renew...no matter which sheriff you go to they will issue the plastic card. Supposed to be completed by end of 2010.
 #37342  by GatorDude

Just because you got a PA LTCF in one county does not necessarily mean you will get it issued in another. While that SHOULD be the case, I think we are all keenly aware that different Sheriffs can apply different standards or rationale.
 #37408  by T3Dice

Thanks for the info Boots. Looks like you're right, FL has more states including PA and DE. I'll give that a try instead of PA.
 #37418  by Boots

T3Dice wrote:Thanks for the info Boots. Looks like you're right, FL has more states including PA and DE. I'll give that a try instead of PA.
Once you have your DE CCDW, PA is easy to get thru Centre County and is good to have if you travel in the city of Philadelphia.
 #37419  by Condition1

Boots wrote:[...]I suggest you send the renewal to Centre County and get your permit by mail, usually within a week. I think it's good to support a sheriff that works well with non-residents.
That is how I got mine and regardless if it is ugly or pretty it does the job - allows me to carry in PA!

I would definetly support the Centre County Sheriff :pbjtime:
 #43138  by T3Dice

Hey..... Just to update.

PA LTCF renewed... no problems. And BTW, I happened to be in Miami for a business trip so I googled the address to go get the FL permit. Had my NRA training certificate faxed to me from D. Lindberg and went in. I filled out the application, had my picture taken, fingerprints scanned electronically and wrote a check ($117). I was done in less than 10 minutes.

The funniest part of the story is, the lady asked if I was a US Citizen... of course I said Yes. She asked to see my DE drivers license. I asked her if she wanted to see my US Passport and her reply was "no, only your drivers license" I asked her if she was aware that you can have a drivers license without being a US citizen... how do you know I'm a US citizen. Her reply....."because you already told me you were a citizen" I thought it best to shut up and go...... Received the FL Permit in the mail 10 days later. Quite a contrast from the hoops that Delaware makes you jump through.
 #43139  by GatorDude

Why should FL care? After all, you ain't staying there..... :lol:
 #86639  by surfcaster

Lancaster county was about a 15 min. wait to get my non-resident ccdw permit.Just show De. permit,$20 fill out forms and thats it. Go to court at 50 North Duke st. in Lancaster.