If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #111094  by radnor

License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
 #111095  by pick_six

last year they stopped same day (hour, well mine was about 25 minute) issuance.

now stopping to out of state.

i wonder if there's a new sheriff in town? any word on other counties?

looks like they are getting out of the business of non-resident issuance, or trying to reduce it a lot!

it also seems that they do not honor non-resident permits from the states known for being common among travelers. ut fl az. (delaware recently showed up as honoring az, for us non-residents)

from the bucks county site:
BUCK’S COUNTY ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS FOR NON-RESIDENTS THAT LIVE IN A STATE THAT HAS RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS WITH PENNSYLVANIA AND HAVE A CARRY PERMIT WITH NO RESTRICTIONS FROM THE STATE THAT THEY RESIDE IN.
york county didn't look as bad. they do not mail permits, if/when approved. for those folks much further than delaware have a long commute to pick up.
radnor wrote:License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
 #111096  by radnor

My current LTCF (expires this year) I went to the Reading Airport Berks Co. Mine was a little longer that 25 minutes as I had 2 people in front of me. I plan on going back to Berks Co in a month or so.

Media will take up to the allowed 45 days for the approval. Two trips.
 #111097  by Boots

Updated 03/19/18

How does that comport with PA State law?
 #111107  by Amy Blackthorn

Updated 03/19/18

So I guess I’m renewing mine in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #111109  by Jonnybow

Boots wrote: How does that comport with PA State law?
Strangely, each Pa county has their own way of dealing with Pa state law. Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20. Looks like some counties are refusing to follow the state policy.
The non resident CCW is valid state wide no matter what county issues it.
I just got my renewal at Lancaster County Courthouse on 3/15 and there were no signs stating that they weren't renewing folks. I bet it's just too much on their staff.
 #111125  by CorBon

Jonnybow wrote:
Boots wrote: How does that comport with PA State law?
Strangely, each Pa county has their own way of dealing with Pa state law. Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20. Looks like some counties are refusing to follow the state policy.
The non resident CCW is valid state wide no matter what county issues it.
I just got my renewal at Lancaster County Courthouse on 3/15 and there were no signs stating that they weren't renewing folks. I bet it's just too much on their staff.
In my opinion, the staffing problem could be remedied by just doing everything through the mail — like Centre County used to do. That way, stuff could be done during the slower periods of the day. Alternatively, if they have that many, hire two people at $10 an hour to sit there and crank them out a couple of nights a week.

This is a lost opportunity for revenue, just like the boondoggle over on Route 9. Also, another instance of them “fixing” something that was never broken.
 #111153  by Boots

Jonnybow wrote:Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20.
There is no reciprocity between PA and DE because they do not honor each others permit/license.

However, it is possible to get a PA non-resident LTCF if you have a license/permit from your home state, but that is not 'reciprocity'.

Some words have a legal meaning and 'reciprocity' is one of them, so be careful how you use it. Our goal is staying out of legal trouble in the tangled web of state gun laws, so expecting reciprocity while outside your home state when there is none can get someone in deep trouble.
 #111154  by Kuntryboy816

Boots wrote:
Jonnybow wrote:Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20.
There is no reciprocity between PA and DE because they do not honor each others permit/license.

However, it is possible to get a PA non-resident LTCF if you have a license/permit from your home state, but that is not 'reciprocity'.

Some words have a legal meaning and 'reciprocity' is one of them, so be careful how you use it. Our goal is staying out of legal trouble in the tangled web of state gun laws, so expecting reciprocity while outside your home state when there is none can get someone in deep trouble.
Yeah, don't be this person! :shock: :o :|
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... to_us.html
 #111157  by CorBon

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
Yeah, don't be this person! :shock: :o :|
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... to_us.html
Yeah, sometimes it is easy to forget that not everyone is really up-to-speed on these things. For most people, it’s just common knowledge that Jersey is, well — Hell. I guess that it’s possible to not know everything about your neighbors, though.

Delaware has continued to be a unicorn in the northeast. Few bans, no mag or ammo restrictions, go wherever you want — basically, just strap it on and go about your business. They’re are trying hard to end that, though.