If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #89097  by Gotarheels03

So with the Dems considering changes to the CCDW process I decided to finally get around to starting my application. I have the app filled out. Have 3 of my 5 references lined up so far, fingerprinting appointment done etc.

I just have a few questions

1. Newspaper requirement. Is the New Castle weekly good for 19707?

2. Reason for application. Is something along the lines of "for protection of self and family when away from home" sufficient? Should I talk about the hassle of open carrying without a license, particularly the inherent danger of having to unholster and reholster during car carry?
 #89098  by scampbell3

I am sure that someone in NCC can give you better information on the newspaper posting.

As far as the 'statement of intent' on your application...keep it concise and simple.

I have been using "for the protection of self and family while away from home" on my initial application as well as the last 2 renewals. I have never had any issue with this statement. However, I live in Sussex County. This is just my opinion, others may vary, batteries not included, some assembly required.

Chip
 #89103  by soundman2345

I used "For the protection of myself, family and property." Nothing more.
 #95955  by Gotarheels03

Ad ran in the paper a few weeks ago, no problems there. Got my fingerprinting / background check in Dover done yesterday, after driving down on President's Day not thinking SBI would be closed.... Got my pictures taken & printed. Now I've just got to make copies of everything and file the application with the Court.
 #97419  by Gotarheels03

Sent my application to the prothonotary at the beginning of the month, so now the wait begins. I sent 6 references, since one of mine has since moved to MD. He hasn't yet established legal residency in MD yet, but I figured a 6th reference might be a safe move.
 #101095  by photog

Ready when you are Sir.... 8-)