If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #95286  by GunnarK1993

i was wonder in what order should i complete my ccdw application , fingerprinting, newspaper? thank you for the help
 #95287  by photog

I recommend to my students to complete the newspaper ad, references, passport photos and application first, then complete the fingerprinting last .. Fingerprints are only valid for 45 days. Keep in mind that the newspaper ad must run for 1 day, however, you must wait 10 days after the ad runs before you can turn in your all of your paperwork.

I also recommend that you make 2 complete sets of copies of all of your paperwork. You will need to submit all originals, as well as 1 complete set of copies. Keep 1 set of copies for your records.

Hope that helps... Any questions, feel free to ask!!!

Have a nice day!
photog
 #95291  by Owen

photog wrote:Fingerprints are only valid for 45 days.
Only 45 days?! Do you know if they are ink or electronic? That sounds like a state money making scheme to me.
 #95292  by Guard_Duck

Owen wrote:
Only 45 days?! Do you know if they are ink or electronic? That sounds like a state money making scheme to me.

Did they change it from 30 days?
 #95293  by Cbmarine

Guard_Duck wrote:
Owen wrote:

Yes, see http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?ID=33278

2. Arrange to be fingerprinted. Fingerprints must be taken within 45 days of filing application. Fingerprinting by Appointment Only.
Appointments are ONLY Tuesday & Thursday noon to 6:30 p.m. For an appointment call: (302)739-2528
You will be given the address of the Delaware State Police Troop to report to at the time you are given an appointment. You may want to verify payment methods at the time you schedule your interview.
 #95295  by photog

Owen wrote: Do you know if they are ink or electronic?
They are done electronically Sir. The process takes about 5 minutes and the cost is $69.00.
 #95303  by Amy Blackthorn

Guard_Duck wrote:
Owen wrote:

Last time I went they said 30 days.
 #95306  by Fishhunter911

When I went last Feb. I was told they changed the requirement and they are now good for 45 days.
 #95310  by photog

CBmarine is correct.... but to settle any questions or mis-infrormation... Always go to the source... Taken directly off of the Delaware Superior Court website....

INSTRUCTIONS NEW APPLICATIONS FOR A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPON (DELAWARE RESIDENTS ONLY)
In order for your application for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon to be processed, the following steps must be completed:
1. Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court. Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been met, and attach it to your application. PLEASE NOTE: Newspaper selection must have a circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code. Be sure to use your whole name - no initials - and your home address.

2. Arrange to be fingerprinted. Fingerprints must be taken within 45 days of filing application. Fingerprinting by Appointment Only.
Appointments are ONLY Tuesday & Thursday noon to 6:30 p.m. For an appointment call: (302)739-2528
You will be given the address of the Delaware State Police Troop to report to at the time you are given an appointment. You may want to verify payment methods at the time you schedule your interview.

3. Have the reference questionnaires completed by five (5) citizens from the County in which you reside.

4. Complete the application and have it notarized.

5. Include two (2) 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" color passport-style photographs of the applicant, taken within the six-month period immediately preceding the filing of the application.

6. Include the statutory filing fee of $65.00. Cash, money order or personal check, made payable to "PROTHONOTARY" will be accepted.

7. New applications may be filed at any time. You must file the original set and a complete copy of all the documents. (DUPLICATE COPY) You may hand deliver your application to the Prothonotary's Office, or, if all the requirements are met, mail to the Prothonotary Office in the County in which you reside:

New Castle County
New Castle County Prothonotary Office CCDW Permit 500 N. King Street, Suite 1500 Wilmington, DE 19801-3704

Kent County
Kent County Prothonotary Office 38 The Green Dover, DE 19901

Sussex County
Sussex County Prothonotary Office 1 The Circle, Suite 2 Georgetown, DE 19947

You may be contacted by a representative of the Attorney General=s Office for a personal interview.
If you have any questions, please contact:
New Castle County Kent County Sussex County
302-255-0690 302-739-3184 302-854-6959

8. Following review of your application by the Attorney General=s Office and the Court, you will receive written notification as to whether your application has been denied or approved. If your application is approved, you must now complete an Approved Gun Course. For exact details of what the course must include see 11 Del. C. ' 1441(3). Upon completion of the course please submit a notarized certification of satisfactory completion of the firearm training course. If you can not complete the course within 90 days of the approval of your gun permit, please submit proof that you have enrolled in the course.
If a certification or proof of enrollment is not filed with the Court within 90 days of the approval of your gun permit, we will assume you no longer want to obtain a gun permit. In order to obtain a gun permit, you will have to start the process over .

August 2012