If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #97001  by cwidene

I submitted my CCDW in late February and got pulled over 2 weeks ago for suspicion of DUI. The case is not until May but I am curious if anyone knows if this will delay or impact my CCDW application? . Last.. I am fairly ccertain we can plea the charge to reckless driving. Would this help or be better or am I still out of luck? Any input is appreciated.
 #97017  by Boots

Did they confirm their suspicions, or not?

DE is a "may issue" state. So, IMHO, it doesn't look good.

I don't know the whole story, but I hope it works out for you.
 #97022  by viper98

I would recommend a good lawyer. Any charges or? Is reason for dept of justice to deny you.

I was in court last week testifying for a customer that was rejected. He appealed and went in front of the judge. If it wasn't for the lawyer he would have been rejected.

His license will be mailed to him in a few weeks.

If you need the attorney's info pm me.
 #97023  by Boots

viper98 wrote:... I was in court last week testifying for a customer that was rejected. He appealed and went in front of the judge. If it wasn't for the lawyer he would have been rejected.

His license will be mailed to him in a few weeks. ....
EXCELLENT!
Last edited by Boots on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #97035  by cwidene

My court date is not until mid May so it is still in limbo. I will PM you for the attorney, I appreciate the replies.
 #97317  by 5TH GENERATION

I know someone that has his ccdw and has received 2 dui's over the years. He still has it but is on last chance.
 #97416  by cwidene

Having it and getting the DUI many be different than applying and being charged. I call the office yesterday and they said they had just uploaded applications into the sytem from February. Crossing my fingers. If not, I will appeal.
 #97436  by glock9

not to be judgmental, but if you want to carry a gun it seems like you should start making wiser decisions..
 #97437  by cwidene

glock9 wrote:not to be judgmental, but if you want to carry a gun it seems like you should start making wiser decisions..
Thanks captain obvious. I posted looking for real feedback and experiences from fellow members not people throwing stones in glass houses. I realize I made a mistake, I am trying to see how it will impact my request. Only time will tell. Thanks to those who have provided valuable feedback.