Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #106775  by Maintenance Guy

Glad you asked. I have been prepping for about 3 years. Am I ready for anything that might happen? No, I am not. Am I prepared for something to happen? Let's just say that I feel more comfortable than I did 3 years ago.
Its hard to answer the question that you asked because its up to each person to do what they think it right for them and their family. I will throw out some different questions for you to think about if things got really bad in your area. 1) Do you have the food you and your family will need to survive for several months or years? 2) If the power goes out, do you have the needed equipment to continue to prepare food to feed your family and make water safe to drink? 3) If you live in an urban area, do you have an alternate means for sewage disposal and can you make your home safe from sewage backup in your area? 4) Do you have the knowledge and tools to do all the above in a stressful situation?
You'll notice I didn't mention weapons. I didn't mention bug out vehicles, and I didn't mention alternative plans in case you can't stay there. But, they are things to consider.
If you are interested in joining a group of like minded people please PM me.
 #106964  by adrianspeeder

georgie c wrote:...question; anyone here good with c.b. or ham radio ?
All my trucks have CB's, but more for just listening to conversations about inappropriate things done to other peoples mothers. The low cost lets anyone play.

Adrianspeeder
 #107489  by rosco87

I'm going camping at blackbird forest Saturday night. Gonna try out some new gear I have! If anyone wants to join me let me know!
 #110445  by georgie c

want to update all . it has been a while since last post . I retired in January and we are pretty much all moved ( at least all the important stuff ) to west Virginia . I have been staying busy with dry wall , elec. , along with reclaiming and cleaning up some of the property that has suffered some neglect over the past couple of years. a big thanks to joet who took on the job of wiring the new house . I drove the 5 ton m923 down here and all went well. we had a big pond put in when the house was built , I still have not stocked it yet, but one day it will be an extra food source. my oldest daughter and her family are living here in the original house that was here when we purchased the place. she has become quite the chicken lady,, with raising chicks for eggs and meat. my neighbor has 14 cows on part of the property and we will be getting home grown beef the end of next month. natural gas ( straight from the well ) is working well for heat , hot water, along with the gas frig. and freezer. next year we will be trying other live stock. I want to send out a quick hello to chuck , roscoe , Mr. and Mrs. sodbuster . country boy. and all the other good folks I have meet from the forum. I will continue to post in the future
 #110447  by Maintenance Guy

I am so glad to hear that all is going well for you. You don't know how much I envy you. God Bless you and your family and I look forward to hearing from you. Take care.
 #110451  by Maintenance Guy

I do. I was unable to receive PM's for a few days. Not sure what the problem was. I will be contacting you soon. Thank you.
 #110452  by georgie c

if you are following this thread , I strongly encourage all to do what ever you can afford to protect and preserve your family. think about how the weather lately has affected the country , now think about what would happen if NOKO was able to drop one on us. be safe , be strong , trust Jesus and be ready.......
 #110456  by CorBon

georgie c wrote:if you are following this thread , I strongly encourage all to do what ever you can afford to protect and preserve your family. think about how the weather lately has affected the country , now think about what would happen if NOKO was able to drop one on us. be safe , be strong , trust Jesus and be ready.......
How's the gluten-free supplies down there for you?