Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111059  by JimmyTJ

Is the rally this Wednesday, the 28th? If so what time? I'm a young old fogey and don't have Facebook, can't seem too find the colorful discussion going on there.

And I agree this fight transcends any issues between OC and CC people. We need too stand as a group! The people that are trying to strip our rights would love nothing more then to have us fractured and squabbling amongst ourselves.
 #111060  by astro_wanabe

JimmyTJ wrote:Is the rally this Wednesday, the 28th? If so what time? I'm a young old fogey and don't have Facebook, can't seem too find the colorful discussion going on there.

And I agree this fight transcends any issues between OC and CC people. We need too stand as a group! The people that are trying to strip our rights would love nothing more then to have us fractured and squabbling amongst ourselves.
There is a rally being organized by the "Delaware Gun Rights" page on Facebook for this Wednesday, March 28th. I can't see the page since they banned me but it's in the middle of the day, maybe 11am or noon? They plan to rally outside Legislative Hall then walk in to meet with the representatives. Reminder: you can not carry in Legislative Hall, so if you intend to enter Legislative Hall, you'll want to go unarmed.

There is also another group on Facebook planning a rally in every state capitol (possibly a couple rallies in the really big states) on April 14th. Those rallies are being timed to coordinate across time zones (2pm here, 11am on the west coast). The organizers of the one in Dover have no problem with OC or CC, and claim to have already notified / "checked with" Dover PD. They don't intend to enter Legislative Hall since it's a Saturday.
 #111062  by astro_wanabe

Apparently there are at least 3 rallies planned:

March 28, by Delaware Gun Rights page of Facebook (can't link because they banned me). Meeting mid-day and walking into Legislative Hall to talk to representatives. Don't carry if you plan to enter Legislative Hall. Their organizers are rather vehemently against anyone OC'ing.

April 14th, two event pages currently for some reason:
https://www.facebook.com/events/540570246342240/
https://www.facebook.com/events/352891938543701/
Rally on a Saturday so it's easier to attend. This is the one that's being coordinated at capitols and large cities across the country to maximize publicity / impact. One of the above pages had someone mention they talked to Dover PD and didn't mind CC / OC.

April 19th https://www.facebook.com/events/401077423686901/
This one is on a Thursday so the representatives should be around, and is the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Confirmed speakers they've listed so far:
* Dover Councilman David Anderson Republican running for 31st district Delaware House of Representatives.
* Paul Johnston: Desert Storm Disabled Veteran Disabled Correctional Officer.
* Dick Heller, of DC vs Heller fame