Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #112324  by Rusty2020

New guy here!
I live in MD and currently process a MD, PA ,UT, and AZ CCW permit. I travel though DE every weekend to the MD shore so the first question is does DE recognize UT non-resident permits for CCW? I have read yes and no.
If not what is the best way to go though DE with my handgun pull it off my side and lay in on the seat or console in plain site?
Thanks for any input in this matter!
 #112330  by Rusty2020

This is a segment from that web page= "Delaware recognizes licenses or permits to carry concealed deadly weapons issued by other states to the citizens of other states"

So That is a gray area to me does it mean citizens that live in the other state?
I emailed the DOJ and was given the Name Will Raisis who is the deputy attorney general he apparently handles all the firearm related permits and questions. I called left a message and no response been about 3 days.
 #112331  by NCC

3 days huh? Your government hard at work.

Sorry, just a callous old man.
 #112333  by Rusty2020

Tried calling the AG office yesterday again got transferred 6 times then to a buy named Bob's voicemail. Looks like taking to a human there is near impossible or at least one that knows anything!
 #112334  by astro_wanabe

Rusty2020 wrote:Tried calling the AG office yesterday again got transferred 6 times then to a buy named Bob's voicemail. Looks like taking to a human there is near impossible or at least one that knows anything!
Or more accurately, nobody is willing to go on record.
 #112353  by Rusty2020

Finally chatted with a guy from the AG's office and Astro is right on point! They would not clarify anything he would not even tell me if OP was legal. He referred me to call a DE defense Attorney and get their take.
The only thing he basically said was if you get pulled over OC or concealed with a out of state permit it's up to the cop's interpretation of the law how they handle it. If the cop decides its not lawful and your locked up the case goes to the AG to determine if the try it.
He did say the written laws need revised to be more clear but who knows if that will ever happen.
 #112354  by Boots

Rusty,

There was no point on coming on this site to ask your question if you won't listen to any answers. And, no one has ever gotten an answer to a question from the AG but it was fun to watch you try! LOL

You got good answers from several people on this site but won't accept the answers, so what is the point? Maybe you should try one of the MD sites to find out how other MD residents handle your situation.

EDIT: see my post on page 2
Last edited by Boots on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.