Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #112424  by Wynder

Greetings, folks!

So, there's been a couple of changes as you can see! Delaware Open Carry was founded 11 years ago -- since that time technology has evolved. With the forums, I've had to update the server to use the most current, secure web application software which broke the older version of the forums we were using. So, that got updated as well. :) We'll push through and make do as we try to get things a bit more cohesive. But your help is still needed...

"But Rob, why are you asking for money on an otherwise free website?" That's a great question! After our first two years of operation, Delaware Open Carry had become so wildly popular and active that our remote host regularly got overwhelmed. That, combined with the general latency and downtime issues made using the site difficult.

So, in 2009, I leased a server. It's a machine over which I have complete administrative control and I'm free to tweak and modify for performance to my heart's content. So, there's the annual lease on that system, the domain name registrations, as well as any other incidentals we may need in terms of additional disk space, memory or bandwidth allotment. I think we can all agree that it's worked out fabulously!

I stand here with hat in hand asking you... if you've enjoy using this site, the community, the fact that we're the only grassroots open carry community in Delaware, please give what you can to support the site. We do this once a year and we ask for it voluntarily so we can keep Delaware Open Carry a free resource.

I hope you'll help support us!

Click Here to Donate

Rob
 #112426  by NCC

Break out your wallet and let all the flies out. I was number 1!

:pbjtime: :applause: :roll:
 #112428  by Wynder

As always, thank you for your support!!!
 #112429  by NCC

Thanks Rob, but not needed, I love this forum. The folks here are very knowledgeable and friendly. I hope we have this resource for a very long time. It is invaluable to every noob that comes here too.
 #112486  by NCC

Hey Rob,

Is the meter up to date?

Thx!
 #112487  by Wynder

Good morning!

It is -- not sure if it's the quarantine, but things seemed to have slowed down quite a bit... I need to post again on the Facebook page!
 #112488  by NCC

OK. I will send you some more when next week's unemployment check comes in. Thx!
 #112489  by Wynder

That's appreciated, man... just make sure you're taking care of you and yours first!

Be safe and well!
 #112491  by NCC

Done as promised this morning Wynder! And for the other members let me share this thought. Last year we did not make the $300 and we do enjoy this site, so let me leave you with the following thought.

To update and paraphrase the immortal words of Mr. John Fogerty:

Down on the corner
Out in the street
Willy and the Poor Boys are playin'
Bring a Lincoln, tap your feet

You don't need a dollar just to hang around
But if you've got a Lincoln, won't you lay your money down?
Over on the corner there's a happy noise
People come from all around to read the magic forum
This way it will only takes 42 more!
 #112492  by Wynder

Thank you, brother! We're up to $110 now thanks to your support... I gave you a little shout out on the Facebook page as well.

Thanks also for the inspiration! It's definitely needed with everything going on these days!

Rob/Wynder