Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #1148  by stephpd

As I was leaving work the hair on my neck stood up. A routine traffic stop caught my attention since it was in the way of me leaving work. Something wasn't right. First the car that was pulling over stopped right after turning on to 16th street not allowing any room for the cop car to pull up directly behind it. They had to stop on Walnut St.

As I was getting into the Jeep I unzipped my vest pocket. Started up and turned the car around so my headlight were right on the civilians car. I saw him pick up something that looked like a folded over newspaper. I sit and wait. Car in drive, foot on brake, mind racing. I don't think the police saw what I saw as they are still in their car.

Within a minute the police take off with lights still flashing up toward Market St like something was going on elsewhere that was more important.

I wait for the civilian to leave since he's still in the lane I want to get into. He leaves and as I'm behind him I see him stop and then run the red light at Pine St and Vandever St. At the next block up he turns left.

I turn right onto Vandever St and head home. Couldn't get out of condition orange until I was out of the city.

My thought while I was sitting there. This doesn't look good. The cops didn't see what I saw. What will I do? I'll sit and wait for a few minutes. If things go bad I'll ram his car. If he moves I'll get out, using my car for cover and end this with my little buddy.

I think I need a cell phone.

No way was I going to follow this guy after running the light. Way bad neighborhood.

End of my story.

Rainman tells me I'm an excellent driver, excellent driver. :D
 #1204  by dave_in_delaware

Good for you: stopping and using your brain. The cops were there already (despite not being as observant as you). Let them do (or not do) their job. You were ready for action if things went south.

Kudos to you for being observant and ready to defend.
 #1233  by myopicvisionary

Cell phone, a vital peice of emergency equipment! Good job being observant and calm.
 #1240  by stephpd

myopicvisionary wrote:Cell phone, a vital peice of emergency equipment! Good job being observant and calm.
I agree they can be useful but I don't like the telephone as a general rule. That and being a conspiracy nut I don't like the ability of our government being able to track me all the time.
 #1241  by dave_in_delaware

Don't worry:
They're tracking you regardless of having a cell phone or not. :toilet:
 #1242  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:Don't worry:
They're tracking you regardless of having a cell phone or not. :toilet:

Oh, I found that chip and dug it out with a knife.! :pointlaugh:
 #1250  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:Oh, I found that chip and dug it out with a knife.!
You only found ONE chip so far?? :o
 #1252  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:
stephpd wrote:Oh, I found that chip and dug it out with a knife.!
You only found ONE chip so far?? :o
Just the one in the shoulder blade.
The one in the skull hurts every time I try to get it out. But that was put there by aliens. :ugeek:
 #1273  by myopicvisionary

When you were born, the doctor slapped you on the butt. That was chip #1. Why do you think everyone in the room was wearing masks?
 #1276  by stephpd

myopicvisionary wrote:When you were born, the doctor slapped you on the butt. That was chip #1. Why do you think everyone in the room was wearing masks?
One of those anal probes like Cartman had on southpark! :pbjtime: