Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
  by LordJim

Does this require an FFL in my home state, or are rifles just as simple as pay and go?

I know I could look this up, but it's Friday and I'm feeling lazy.

-
Jim
  by Wynder

LordJim wrote:Does this require an FFL in my home state, or are rifles just as simple as pay and go?

-
Jim
I'm not looking this up, either, but I recall something about it being lawful to purchase a long gun as long as it's from a bordering state without any restriction.

Don't quote me on that.
  by LordJim

Wynder wrote:
LordJim wrote:Does this require an FFL in my home state, or are rifles just as simple as pay and go?

-
Jim
I'm not looking this up, either, but I recall something about it being lawful to purchase a long gun as long as it's from a bordering state without any restriction.

Don't quote me on that.
Too late! You're quoted!

-
Jim
  by Sprat

yes border staes are fine except NJ where you need a NJFID card so if you see that nice shotgun/rifle in Pa ( hopefully not in a gunstore at a inflated price) go for private purchases are just that

sprat
  by LordJim

For the purposes of the law, an AR is rifle, right?

I don't have one lined up right now, but I've got a friend with a few and I'm going to try to convince him to part with one.

-
Jim
  by Sprat

Private purchases of long arms is legal without transfer through FFL, but I would ask for a receipt with the serial number on it

except would be in NJ, but if your friend brought the ar to your home from NJ and sold it to you that would be legal.
sprat
  by dave_in_delaware

I purchased two of my rifles out-of-State (PA). I picked up both my Savage Mark II and my Mosin 91/30 at the Philthydelphia National Guard Armory during that big gun show they have there (purchased in different years, but that doesn't matter)....

As long as you pass the background check that they do on-site, you can carry your new rifle out the door with you and take it home to DE.

I would think an AR-15 would be treated the same way....

On a different note, if you purchase a handgun out-of-State (like at TargetMaster), you need to find an FFL to have it sent to them and pick it up through them.