Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #1913  by cappilot06

I travel into MD probably once a week to head to my parents house. While I would probably lock the gun in the trunk while inside, it would be nice to be able to carry into MD. I do know from having grown up in MD that it is VERY difficult for a resident to get a CC permit, let alone an out-of-state resident. Does anyone in these forums have any experience dealing with the State of Maryland for a CC permit? MD also does not really have reciprocity with any other state that I know of, so the only option is to try to get approved for a non-resident permit.

Any info is appreciated. I know the steps I would have to take to apply in MD, I guess my question is more along the line of has any in here tried before?
 #1914  by Wynder

cappilot06 wrote:Any info is appreciated. I know the steps I would have to take to apply in MD, I guess my question is more along the line of has any in here tried before?
Essentially, you must have been a victim of a violent crime (with documentation) before they'll even consider you -- so, if you've been violently mugged, rapped, beaten or kidnapped, you'll have a good chance of getting one and, I believe, only if you're a resident of the state.

Outside of that, so many stories we've seen of people going before the appeals board and making stellar, reasonable, rational and fact-based presentations were shot down without a second thought.
 #1915  by cappilot06

That's pretty much what I thought. So much for being able to prevent those things from happening. You have to actually become a victim and then MAYBE they'll let you have one.

Oh well, glad I live in DE and can at least protect myself if I need to....for now anyway.
 #1916  by dave_in_delaware

+1 on what Rob said.

Pretty much the only way you'll get a permit in PRMD is to have almost died after an attack....

Makes me glad I live in Delaware. At least I don't have to face my own death before being allowed to protect myself.

:pointlaugh: MD

:pointlaugh: NJ
 #1929  by Sprat

if you apply and are turned down you must disclose this in future applications, as in "Have you ever been turn down for a permit in the past" failure to answer this question can create other problems, forget MD, NJ, NYC,

sprat