Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #88618  by photog

Greetings all.

I finally was able to get in touch with Pam at DelDot regarding our Adopt-a-Highway. I will be meeting with her tomorrow morning to get all of the necessary items needed to complete our clean-up.

I would like to hear some ideas as to possible weekend dates that are available to most people's schedule, I will then put up a poll and narrow it down to one day. We will have our clean-up and possibly a lunch afterwards.

Looking forward to everyone's input....

Have a nice day!
photog 8-)
 #88619  by bmel17

someday that isn't a 100 plus heat index would be nice! September?
 #88620  by Chizult

bmel17 wrote:someday that isn't a 100 plus heat index would be nice! September?
+1
 #88638  by photog

I've picked up all of the supplies from DelDot this morning.... I agree that we should do this in the September/October range since it will be a little cooler weather.

The poll is up, so let's pick a date.

Once a date has been finalized, I will post it here as well on the DELOC FB page to hopefully encourage others who do not come to this site to attend.
 #89078  by photog

So of those who voted, thank you! It looks like Saturday, September 21st. will be our clean up day. We will start in the morning and hopefully be done by around lunchtime. We can then gather at "Crossroads" restaurant for a relaxing lunch.

As the date gets closer, I will put out a reminder on both this forum as well as the DELOC FB page. I will also provide directions for those who do not know where our stretch of highway is.

Please reply on this thread to let me know a head count for those who can make it.

Thank you!!!
photog 8-)
 #89079  by myopicvisionary

Crap, I work that weekend. Off the next.
 #89080  by Fishhunter911

I will be headed on from NC that day. Uughhhh
 #89085  by Boots

Count me in... 8-)

At this event... OC with sidearms only? Or, can I borrow something with wheels from Viper for the day? :troll:
 #89089  by Kuntryboy816

Nothing scheduled on the claendar for that day (that I know of) so I'll be there as well.
 #89090  by stephpd

I'm in. Possibly Brenda too.
I'll bring the pointy sticks I'd made up for the last clean up too.