Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #200  by dave_in_delaware

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting, and being included in, a "contact list" of members here so we can contact each other when we're NOT online? In case of a computer breakdown, internet connection problem, you're at the range already and want to invite someone, etc...

I've noticed in the member list here that no email addresses are listed (even though I told mine to be public), and PMs only work if you're at your computer w/ an internet connection... so additional means of contact might come in handy, depending on the situation. A group of us did the same thing on XDtalk, in case the computer was unavailable, and it has worked out fine.

If you'd like to be part of the list, PM me your info. I'll add it to a "master list" and then distribute the list via email (probably pdf, unless someone needs a different format). You can include as little or as much info as you want, and the list will be distributed ONLY to those who are on the list. So, by being included in the list, you agree to NOT pass on anyone's information beyond those who are already on the list. It's the honor system, yes, but from our meetings together so far, I think we're capable of maintaining the honor of privacy of information between us.

Things to include (items in red are required for identity and distribution):

Real name
Screen name
Address line 1
Address line 2
City, State, Zip
Phone number (home, evening)
Phone number (cell/mobile, anytime)
Phone number (work, daytime)
Email address (home, evening)
Email address (work, daytime)
Any other info you want to share (as a reference to others: guns, calibers, reloading info, hobbies, whatever)

You can pick and choose just how much info you provide, like just your city/state, or your street name (not number), only a daytime phone number, whatever. Keep in mind though, this is to help others contact you when the computer isn't available.

EDITED TO ADD: This has been made a sticky, and has been implemented to those who "signed up."

If anyone wants to be on this list, just PM me your info. Include your email address so I can distribute it to you.

Remember: This is a private list, and is only "shared" between members already on the list. This is not a public document and will not be distributed upon request.

Members on this list know each other both online AND in person. Those of you who are new to DELOC are encouraged to participate in the forum discussions and attend some of the monthly meetings (as your schedule allows) so that the members who are already on the list can get to know you. Only then will you be added to the list and get a copy of it.

Thank you.
 #500  by dave_in_delaware

wow people! I've only gotten THREE members on this list so far.

I thought for sure this would be a good idea.

:pointlaugh: [DELOC contacts list idea]
 #510  by Wynder

I'd like to have it simply for the reason of, if something OC related ever happened, I would have a contact outside of my family to relay my story if need be... just in case.
dave_in_delaware wrote:wow people! I've only gotten THREE members on this list so far.

I thought for sure this would be a good idea.

:pointlaugh: [DELOC contacts list idea]
 #513  by Mr. Bruce

Well..... I gave you my cell phone number. It is with me at all times because it is my business phone. I will help as best I can if I get a call.
 #7814  by dave_in_delaware

Sure.

PM me your details and I'll email the list out whenever it needs to be updated.

(Those of you who submitted your info before need not do it again unless something changed).
 #17385  by dave_in_delaware

I'm maintaining the list. People usually PM me their info...

Are you sure you want all that info on a public gun forum?
 #17393  by dave_in_delaware

OK, after a little "technical difficulty" (i.e. brain farts), the first round of the Contact List (in pdf format) has been distributed via email.

If you see any errors or omissions, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

FYI: Any updates or changes will result in a new file being created, but it'll have the SAME FILENAME. So, when you get the new file just overwrite the existing one.