Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111647  by adrianspeeder

pick_six wrote:adrian,

did you happen to be out near nellis with 2 other c17's last june? just curious.

if so, let me know, i have picture of 3 c17's. given the last batch of pictures, it has me curious. it wasn't the best picture, from my iphone, but you can C the 17's. ;)

there also happened to be a 707 airframe similar to the jstars you posted. it was also flying around out there as well.
Nope, wasn't me.

Adrianspeeder
 #111705  by soundman2345

Hey Adrian, now that we've moved to Magnolia, we find ourselves in the Dover AFB flight path. I often wonder if that's you flying over our house. Stay safe.
 #111706  by adrianspeeder

soundman2345 wrote:Hey Adrian, now that we've moved to Magnolia, we find ourselves in the Dover AFB flight path. I often wonder if that's you flying over our house. Stay safe.
Every now and then depending on what approach we are arriving with.

Adrianspeeder
 #112056  by soundman2345

Are you going to be at the air show/open house in September?
 #112495  by adrianspeeder

Hi friends. I had some time off to edit old photos from a few years ago. Lets see if I remember how to do this still...

Off to go play.

Special guest on the flight deck with a free upgrade to first class seating

Headin’ down to 500 feet above the deck for low level play time.

“Terrain! Terrain!”

Low level dodging F/A-18’s. It’s a non-stop roller coaster ride 500 feet from the ground in circles at 70 degrees of bank.

Adrianspeeder
 #112496  by NCC

You're still flying missions? You mean the war is not on hold?
 #112498  by NCC

When I was in the Army we went on a field training exercise in February one time. The ground was frozen solid! I was the Motor Sgt. for the MP company and guys and I were trying to put up all the GP tents, several mediums and a large for the prisoner detainment center. The problem was that all the wooden stakes (yes, it was LONG ago sonny!) kept splitting and would not go into the ground. So finally we are literally out of stakes and then acting company commander, a 1LT, gets all pissed off and calls off the FTX. So being a bit of a wise ass I shout out, "War's over due to the cold GIs, everyone back to the company area!". Well, did I get a ass chewing for that from the 1LT.

But not as bad as he caught from the Battalion Commander when we got back for calling off the war....
:D
 #112499  by adrianspeeder

We’ll go hide around that mountain.

New guy's first low level on the books, and now we’ll head for home.

Adrianspeeder