Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #112504  by adrianspeeder

No disappearance, just a new job that has a different demand of life and time.

Three year ago had a fun trip that hit up Spain and Italy with a new guy. Also helps when your aircraft commander has the same cool watch as you.

Crank these noisemakers up ole son! WE GOTTA GO!

Dollar rider hero shots because you only get one first trip around the world.

Had to show the dollar rider the best spot in Spain.

Italian fun. We only stay at the finest hotels.

Adrianspeeder
 #112508  by adrianspeeder

Rules have been loosening on nose art of airplanes in the last few years. We have a female dedicated crew chief for 06-6168, and she did lots of paperwork to be allowed an official Rosie the riveter markup.

Keep ‘em flyin’.

By this point of my career I had about a year to go of flying. The boss decided to start pairing me with a new guy every trip to feel out future prospects. "So you wanna fly? Well, ya gotta earn it!"

As good as the C-17 is, sometimes we can't fit everything in one jet that has to move at once. A C-5 can haul two C-17s worth of cargo, but it'll most likely be late and broken. Solution? A two ship movement. I was on jet number two. Always nice to be around my favorite tail '07-7173. I was the Dedicated Crew Chief in 2011 and 2012.

There’s a storm brewin’ up! We gotta go!

Let’s go Cap’m!

Ground spoilers armed.

Love my girl 7173 on the move!

Good safety RACM.

Adrianspeeder
 #112509  by soundman2345

Any way you could get me on a flyover of my house in Magnolia? ;)
 #112513  by adrianspeeder

How the big looks small.

Paid to stare out a window. Best job I ever had. Fly around the world, drink Coors Light, and make money!

Dollar ride tips don’t stop on the jet. Always have a bottle opener if you are going to drink anything other than Colorado Kool Aid.

Fill ‘er up Friday. Stackin’ banks while drainin’ tanks!

Lighthouse guiding the way home.

Adrianspeeder
 #112514  by adrianspeeder

Team Dover haulin’ tanks. A C-17 can only haul half the weight of a C-5, but usually can make two trips before fat Freddy can get fixed.

When in doubt, poop a tank. 2 Pilots, 1 Flying Crew Chief, and a shit ton of loadmasters. All those chains won’t tighten themselves.

Adrianspeeder
 #112515  by adrianspeeder

Speed run to the desert as fast as we can get there and back, so not many pictures. Nighttime work doesn’t make photos work well in flight, but that moon was giving us a light to follow all the way across the ocean.

Nothin’ like a sunrise at the end of the day.

Here comes the sun.

German drinks! They didn’t have Coors Light. Made due.

Copilot studying never stops. Combat bandanas will ward off enemy attacks as well.

“Fill ‘er up Chief, we gotta go!” Stackin’ banks while drainin’ tanks.

Blast off, nose up, as hard as she can, climbing for the moon.

Kuwait crew rest is a sober crew rest, but the spaghetti is pretty good.

Adrianspeeder
 #112516  by adrianspeeder

Alerted to head to Maryland then Dallas for a day. Truck wouldn’t start, so only had time to grab my toolbox and overnight bag. Forgot to grab the camera case, so this trip is filmed in low quality potato vision.

Fill ‘er up Friday. Stackin’ banks while drainin’ tanks.

Reach 343T; Hold short runway 1 right on Sierra.

What to do in Dallas? Gas Monkey Garage!!!

When the battery is dead, you can crank the jet up like a model T. Careful how you grab the handle.

Later Dallas, it’s been real.

Adrianspeeder
 #112521  by adrianspeeder

Midnight ocean crossing to the sound of the C-17 with Pratt & Whitney power. In thrust we trust.

A C-5 sized crew. Three pilots, three loadmasters, three security forces ravens, one flying crew chief, and one young maintainer that had won airman of the quarter. Perfect! I don’t have to carry the toolbox.

Fill ‘er up Friday. Stackin’ banks while drainin’ tanks!

Loadmaster checkride complete!

Loadmaster hero shot. Let’s crank these up and head for home!

Adrianspeeder
 #112556  by adrianspeeder

Anyone that’s anyone in C-130/C-17/C-5s has had a legendary trip to Lajes Field Portugal. Except me. Until now!

Do you even lift bro?

“Ain’t nobody ever got the go code yet, and ole Ripper wouldn’t be giving us Plan R unless those Ruskees have clobbered Washington and a lot of other towns with a sneak attack. Well boys, I recon this is it. New-klee-r combat toe to toe with the Ruskees.”

Anytime I’m in the situation to preload fuel for tomorrow’s flight, I’m a big fan of shutting down the jet, and doing the peaceful battery refuel. The pleasant afternoon silence was interrupted with the loud cows answering back the refuel vent’s moose call. “All right Bessy relax!”

This place is junk! No Coors Light!

We scramble the wing at dawn.

5 years after production, this jet was repainted at Depot by someone that had one too many beers the night before. They didn’t switch the stencil set when moving to this side of the tail, and the typeface leans forward instead of back. Always triggered me, and thankfully the second repaint last year got it right.

Good safety RACM.

Positive rate, gear up.

Somewhere on a beach.

Whoopsy poopsy!

“I never know what’s shes doing back there?”

Give ‘em the double barrel finger guns!

P&W power. In thrust we trust.

Adrianspeeder
 #112564  by adrianspeeder

2018 Scranton Pennsylvania - Most of my crew didn't know it was an actual place, and figured it was fictional from The Office.

Hit and run stop. No fuel needed, and we were back home by sundown.

Adrianspeeder