Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #367  by myopicvisionary

I was speaking to a friend today who is curious about OC. He said that he called the NCPD to inquire as to their outlook towards OC. He spoke to someone who was demeaning to him as to why someone would want to carry a sidearm while walking their dog! He wasn't sure if he was speaking to an LEO or just some civil servant who answered the phone. According to the guy on the phone.... now get a load of this. You have to have a permit to OC since the pistol is concealed by the holster! Even if it just covered the "nozzle" it is concealed. It had to be an office peon, no cop would call a muzzle a "nozzle"! The genius did say that they had no ordinance except about discharging within the city. He told my friend that if he wants clarification to call the AG office. Some public servant!
 #372  by Wynder

myopicvisionary wrote: He told my friend that if he wants clarification to call the AG office. Some public servant!
Actually, that's the first thing they should've done. Cops aren't lawyers -- they read the law, but don't keep up on the interpretations and case law. That's the job of the AG's office.

Dave has gotten replies from the AG's office stating that OC is lawful... I'd still love to get a copy of the email and headers, just to archive. In addition, the NRA-ILA pamphlet on Delaware confirms this... Dave handed these out at the gathering last night.

At some point, I'd like to create some training bulletins that could be sent to Delaware police agencies... don't know if they'd issue them or toss them in the garbage, but would probably be good to have on hand.