Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #65493  by myopicvisionary

April 14th, 2012

2012 season opener at Seaford! I fired three relays scoring 456-20X, 459-22X and 460-22X. So I start the season off with an average of 458.33 points @ 95.48%. Just a little under my usual starting average but I'm happy with it. Good news, I also got my award from the 2011 season. I moved up from 5th to 4th place in the Governor's Twenty program.

See below for Stages A & B from the third relay.

Stage "A"

Stage "B"
 #65513  by Lascivious1

Optic, Your ah Bad Ass! :applause:
you ever interested in showing your technique to a noob thats shooting pretty well already?
 #65516  by myopicvisionary

There's no technique as such, just good ol' marksmanship fundamentals. Well, the only thing I can stress to you is to bring the pistol up to your line of sight. Standing upright, extend your arms and bring both hands together in a firing grip. Have someone pull down on your hands. For most people it is easier to resist the downward pull if your head is up. If you drop your head down to the where the pistol is aimed, the arms are more easily pulled down.
 #65521  by Lascivious1

myopicvisionary wrote:There's no technique as such, just good ol' marksmanship fundamentals. Well, the only thing I can stress to you is to bring the pistol up to your line of sight. Standing upright, extend your arms and bring both hands together in a firing grip. Have someone pull down on your hands. For most people it is easier to resist the downward pull if your head is up. If you drop your head down to the where the pistol is aimed, the arms are more easily pulled down.
Good point ill check that next time i go to the range. i actually think i do keep my head down. so ill focus on keeping my head up and raise the gun to my eye level.
 #66542  by myopicvisionary

May 13th, 2012

Mother's Day and the Sudlersville PPC match. As usual, I fired three relays totaling 144 rounds for score. My first relay was a dismal 446-16X, still half asleep I guess. My second run was better at 459-12X. My last relay was more in line with my usual performance posting a 462-23X. My season average moves up from 458.33 points @ 95.48% to 460.33 points @ 95.90%.

Below are Stages A & B from the third relay.

Stage "A"

Stage "B"
Damned "8" and "7"!

#67560  by myopicvisionary

Mailbox delight!

#68926  by myopicvisionary

July 15th, 2012

Today was the second PPC match at Sudlersville for the season. All through the morning, that damned left-handed barricade stage was my downfall. My first relay was an awful 445-21X. My second run was not much better at 448-16X. My third relay score was a good 10 points off of my average at 455-23X. My season average therefore is stalled at 460.33 points @ 95.90%.

Below are Stages A & B from the third relay.

Stage "A"

Stage "B"
 #68996  by dave_in_delaware

Kudos to you, Sir. I could never shoot anywhere near those scores.
 #68998  by myopicvisionary

Practice my man... practice. Really, one box of ammo a week doesn't cost that much, just time. You would be surprised how fast newcomers improve once they get shooting on a regular basis. With just a little work you can be in the high 80 to low 90 percent range. It's just that last 96 to 100 percent that you really have to train for! Use your OC gun, that's what I do.
 #71700  by myopicvisionary

September 9th, 2012

Next to the last match for the season was at Sudlersville today. I started off in the first relay with a score of 180-12x on Stage "A".

I followed this up with 281-8X on Stage "B".Image

My total score was a 461-20X out of a possible 480-48X. This was my best score of the day and it did help my season high average. Only one match remains for the season so I am going to have to really put in the practice to put me where I should be in the rankings.