Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #45332  by astro_wanabe

jslacker wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Total fail!!! I went yesterday expecting to shoot only to find out they were closed!! See what not going in almost 3 months will do to you? :lol:
You forgot what days they were open? Man, that is rough! Checking my range log I haven't fired a shot since 11/13/10. With school during the week and my job taking weekends I really don't have much time to go to Ommalanden either. I'll have to take some time off in the next couple of weeks!
 #45333  by Condition1

I feel your pain guys! I went to the range once this year, was planning on going this week but got knocked down with a cold - feels like I am having range withdrawal :D
 #45725  by jslacker

Well today broke the dry spell! :pbjtime: I went today at 1215 and fired off 150 rounds of the cheap federal 9mm from the G17. It was great weather to shoot in today, about 56 degrees or so. I finally got the Viridian green laser dialed in, and all I have to say is a feel sorry for any BG that may want to take their chances with that thing on the night stand. I could definitely see a decrease in accuracy after 2 months of not shooting regularly, although it was still good enough for a SD situation. Now that the weather is making a turn for the good, I should be picking up my weekly range trips if anybody would be interested...Happy shooting out there! :lol:
 #46796  by jslacker

Headed to the range again, going to check it out on a Friday this time... i will be there mid-afternoon this Friday (18th) hope to see some of you.
 #46872  by jslacker

Excellent weather for a shoot. Ran approx 100 rds or so thru the G17 EDC, and about 25 or so outta my .22 rifle. All in all a good shooting trip, although I swear I may have to think about paying the large and in my mind excessive "membership" price and join a private club or something. Those RO's are some power tripping dicks sometimes, I didnt have any problems with them personally, but the way they were talking to some of the people there....
 #46873  by Condition1

jslacker wrote:Excellent weather for a shoot. Ran approx 100 rds or so thru the G17 EDC, and about 25 or so outta my .22 rifle. All in all a good shooting trip, although I swear I may have to think about paying the large and in my mind excessive "membership" price and join a private club or something. Those RO's are some power tripping dicks sometimes, I didnt have any problems with them personally, but the way they were talking to some of the people there....
Glad you made to the range man!!! I have been reloading this week so I can make it next week, it need the therapy :D
 #46875  by jslacker

Yeah it is great therapy! :D I was just pricing reloading equipment and supplies again actually. My Father in Law went to buy ammo for himself and my brother in law for our outing today and spent about 85 dollars on 200 rds of ammo, 100 of .45 and 100 of .40, after that he assigned me the task of seeing what I can find in the ways of a setup. There are so many choices and options out there for a newby its hard to know if your getting a good deal on something or if your getting ripped off. So far I was expecting on spending about 400 on a complete turret kit minus the dies and supplies, but that should have everything needed to get started once you add the supplies.
 #46879  by Tony T

jslacker wrote:Yeah it is great therapy! :D I was just pricing reloading equipment and supplies again actually. My Father in Law went to buy ammo for himself and my brother in law for our outing today and spent about 85 dollars on 200 rds of ammo, 100 of .45 and 100 of .40, after that he assigned me the task of seeing what I can find in the ways of a setup. There are so many choices and options out there for a newby its hard to know if your getting a good deal on something or if your getting ripped off. So far I was expecting on spending about 400 on a complete turret kit minus the dies and supplies, but that should have everything needed to get started once you add the supplies.
How about a Dillon Square Deal B progressive? For $370 they come setup with dies for one caliber, all you'd really need is a scale to set charges, a micrometer to confirm dimensions, and a primer flip tray. Reloading data you can get from powder or bullet manufacturers both online and through email.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/ ... 039_B__039_

They are a great deal, the only caveat is that the Square deal uses Dillon proprietary dies and it doesn't load rifle calibers.

For local reloading suppliers we have Paul @ K&D Cartridge. http://www.kdcartridgeandsupply.com/

P.S.
I run a Hornady Lock and Load progressive.
 #50175  by jslacker

Played hookie from work today, and went to the range yesterday again for the first time in about a month. I ran about 120 rounds thru the G17 without a hiccup at 30 ft on 3 inch targets. Also shot 20 rounds thru my brother in laws new AK47, and what fun that was!! I think I still like the AR platform better, but that thing was fun to shoot, and accurate out of the box.
 #51587  by Dr. Eastwood

jslacker wrote:Played hookie from work today, and went to the range yesterday again for the first time in about a month. I ran about 120 rounds thru the G17 without a hiccup at 30 ft on 3 inch targets. Also shot 20 rounds thru my brother in laws new AK47, and what fun that was!! I think I still like the AR platform better, but that thing was fun to shoot, and accurate out of the box.
The AR platform is like building custom computers, so many parts to choose from and it's cheaper to do yourself.