Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #48047  by Amy Blackthorn

Tony T wrote:
So yeah, maybe it's exclusive. Maybe it's a long wait. Maybe it's expensive. The dues are $250 a year, initiation is $500. Now I don't know about you, but I don't know where the hell else a common joe like me could get a key which grants 24/7/365 access to a 200+ acre farm for $250 a year. For me it is unquestionably the best $250 I spend every year and I leap at the chance. Hell, people spend thousands a year on guns and only shoot them in a concrete tunnel.
We spend an extra hundred dollars a year more on our memberships, than BR&G and still have to deal with wanna be thugs who want to see 'who be Betta wid a gat' (yes, someone actually said that.) I'm also willing to bet that in the parking lot of BR&G no one is going to stalk me and ask if I will go buy them .25 ammo. :lol:

I'd be interested in checking it out at some point.
Last edited by Amy Blackthorn on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #48050  by Tony T

Condition1 wrote:What other clubs are like that around here?
Afaik, there are no similar clubs in NCC from a range facility standpoint. The closest would probably be Atglen, Pennsylvania or Bridgeville, De. (both of which offer longer ranges as well.)

I think DSPC has some type of agreement with the National Guard range on route 9 near Ommelanden, but I've never confirmed that.

From a club structure and sparsity of rules standpoint I'm not aware of any club in Delaware which is similar.
 #48054  by Boots

Tony T wrote:
Boots wrote:Good post, Tony!
Thanks, Boots!

Ready to go shooting? :pbjtime:

Yes! :pbjtime: :pbjtime: :pbjtime:
 #48103  by bluedog46

Seems ok. I must say the $500 initiation seems a bit much but each club can make their own rules. it has great features.

I am a member of targetmaster and have been pretty happy. I have only had a couple incidents with morons but not directly. I OC on the range all the time
 #48112  by Tony T

Condition1 wrote:Thanks Tony, my question was not clear. I meant a club with limited membership, premium membership, like Brandyine.
I am not aware of any. Doesn't mean one doesn't exist though.
 #48113  by Tony T

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
I'd be interested in checking it out at some point.
Anytime, Amy. It'll be nice to meet you and Matt in person. If weekends are a problem let me know and I'll burn a vacation day. I do so often anyway.

I've wanted to get Ted down there so he could enjoy some time in that setting, but I guess it will keep until he's feeling well enough to travel by car.
 #48118  by Amy Blackthorn

Tony T wrote:
Amy Blackthorn wrote: I'd be interested in checking it out at some point.
Anytime, Amy. It'll be nice to meet you and Matt in person. If weekends are a problem let me know and I'll burn a vacation day. I do so often anyway.

I've wanted to get Ted down there so he could enjoy some time in that setting, but I guess it will keep until he's feeling well enough to travel by car.
Matt and I would love that! Saturdays are more suspect, as I frequently have to work them, but Sundays are more likely to be open. Of course if you're looking for an excuse to take a day off, ;) we are just happy to visit.

I'm sure Ted would also be honored at your invitation.
 #48131  by Delta2Echo

Hey, Tony...got some .308 ammo loaded finally...know what that means. ;)

Remmi vs Savage! Start at 100 and end up at 200 maybe?

I also loaded up some .40, all I had bullets for...just need some cash for more, lol. Have a few hundred cases primed and ready, a few hundred more that just need to be tumbled and primed.

By this weekend I should have roughly a few hundred rounds of .223 loaded and ready. My platform is functioning flawlessly (knock on wood). My brother is just waiting on a rear sight and flash hider and his will be complete as well. Then we just need to fine tune his gas block.
 #49486  by Dr. Eastwood

I'd have to have a lot more time on my hands to enjoy the money spent on such a range. I do think, however, that the range could benefit by creeping in a few more people each year who have very good references. (*cough*DELOC*cough*)