Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #56199  by myopicvisionary

September 21, 2011

I went to Ommelanden today to practice for the M1 match this Sunday. While I was loading my rifle, a young guy who was previously on the pistol side asked me what caliber my rifle was. I told him it was a .30-06. He asked if he could see one of the rounds. I was firing single shot offhand so my rounds were in a wooden loading block in my booth. I said "Sure" so he pulled one out and remarked how large it was. I finished loading and took my next shot. After setting my rifle down and spotting my shot in the scope, I went to load my next round. That punk kid had walked off with that round! I talked to the RO, who showed me his name in the sign-in book. Next time I see this trash I will get my revenge!

On the plus side, my favorite RO; Nicole, had saved me a bunch of .30-06 brass!
 #56209  by photog

myopicvisionary wrote:September 21, 2011

I went to Ommelanden today to practice for the M1 match this Sunday. While I was loading my rifle, a young guy who was previously on the pistol side asked me what caliber my rifle was. I told him it was a .30-06. He asked if he could see one of the rounds. I was firing single shot offhand so my rounds were in a wooden loading block in my booth. I said "Sure" so he pulled one out and remarked how large it was. I finished loading and took my next shot. After setting my rifle down and spotting my shot in the scope, I went to load my next round. That punk kid had walked off with that round! I talked to the RO, who showed me his name in the sign-in book. Next time I see this trash I will get my revenge!
That sucks!!! But, in his defense, ammo is expensive John..... ;) ;) ;)
 #56213  by Boots

myopicvisionary wrote:... That punk kid had walked off with that round! I talked to the RO, who showed me his name in the sign-in book. Next time I see this trash I will get my revenge!
Is that something the cops would expect you to report?
 #56223  by myopicvisionary

No. But I will keep an eye out for the miscreant.