Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #65178  by y0rlik

cj45lc wrote:yep the PMags are some type of plastic but they are supposedly the cats meow. On that subject I just got 3 of them yesterday & noticed I can put 31 rounds in them, is that normal ?
You can get 31 in a GI mag too (barely), but you *will* have problems if you actually try to use them like that. When you load 31 in a 30 round mag, there isn't enough downward travel on the follower to allow you to get the cartridge back out. Instead, it will lock up on the feed lips. (I accidentally did that on one of my GI mags, and it was a real pain trying to get the last round back out by hand, let alone had I tried to do it in the rifle -- bolt over base big time!) It also means that you can't load the mag on a closed bolt (this is why Magpul has the little extra space in the mag -- it eases insertion of the mag when the bolt is in battery).
 #65182  by cj45lc

y0rlik wrote:
cj45lc wrote:yep the PMags are some type of plastic but they are supposedly the cats meow. On that subject I just got 3 of them yesterday & noticed I can put 31 rounds in them, is that normal ?
You can get 31 in a GI mag too (barely), but you *will* have problems if you actually try to use them like that. When you load 31 in a 30 round mag, there isn't enough downward travel on the follower to allow you to get the cartridge back out. Instead, it will lock up on the feed lips. (I accidentally did that on one of my GI mags, and it was a real pain trying to get the last round back out by hand, let alone had I tried to do it in the rifle -- bolt over base big time!) It also means that you can't load the mag on a closed bolt (this is why Magpul has the little extra space in the mag -- it eases insertion of the mag when the bolt is in battery).
OK that makes sense, I just thought it was a little weird
 #65190  by Lascivious1

Where do yuo get the MAGPULL PMAGS?

Says on their site only sells to distribitors and dealers?
Can the guy im ordering my AR15 through get them for me if i ask him to order them or just actually store dealers?
 #65191  by Guard_Duck

Lascivious1 wrote:Where do yuo get the MAGPULL PMAGS?

Says on their site only sells to distribitors and dealers?
Can the guy im ordering my AR15 through get them for me if i ask him to order them or just actually store dealers?
You can get them at X-Ring, Miller's (gasp), Targetmaster locally. There are tons of places you can get them online, MidwayUSA, Brownells, Cheaper Than Dirt, Surplus Ammo, and the list goes on. They're great fillers, they can help you round an order up to an even-ish number and they don't usually affect the shipping cost.
 #65200  by bmel17

Botac has a good sale on pmags and free shipping right now
 #65201  by Mirlen

I got 4 from botach... There are 15 and 20% off coupons out there but I'm not thrilled with the service from Botach.. They took a few days to ship and then only after nagging and one item was back ordered and they only told me after they shipped the other items... Bad stock tracking. Might be worth the savings if you don't mind waiting but buyer beware, they have not received very good reviews.
 #65202  by cj45lc

I got the PMags for $14.20 from Midway along with some other stuff.

The shipment was at my house in 4 days, not to bad if you ask me
 #65203  by Mirlen

Primary Arms has them for $14.20 free shipping. I'd trust them more over Botach. Had a good experience with them for the small items I've purchased so far. Pondering their weapon light which is only about $80 with strip switch and mount...made in China though :(
 #65204  by bluedog46

Are magpull mags all the same?

One of my distributors has them, but they have smith & wesson M&p15 on the mag. When the price is right I could care less if they all work the same way.
 #65211  by y0rlik

Mirlen wrote:Primary Arms has them for $14.20 free shipping. I'd trust them more over Botach. Had a good experience with them for the small items I've purchased so far. Pondering their weapon light which is only about $80 with strip switch and mount...made in China though :(
44mag.com has PMags for the same price (also free shipping). They're good to do business with too.

I don't have a problem with stuff made in China as long as it's quality. My guess is for $80 the quality isn't going to be there. I have a couple 4 sevens (4sevens.com) lights, and they are well-made and not too expensive. I'm sure there are other decent brands too, but I'm not terribly familiar with other brands.