Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #77769  by scampbell3

Tate wrote:About an Hr and a Half from Newcastle, it's all outdoors, I believe he also sells firearms, ammo, accessories from his home as well. It's located on RT. 9.
Tate,

That is too much of a journey for most folks in NCC. If it is more then a 20 minute drive it is a cross country trip for them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #77773  by Tate

That's the Truth, I'm just so used to driving Long distances that an hr seems like nothing.
 #77785  by David

JD's also does skeet shooting in the field behind the shop. Have to hand throw the skeet though, so it takes at least two people.
 #78669  by Tate

Heading to Shooters Choice at 2pm with a couple friends, this will be my third trip with my new AR, and plan to put about 150 rounds of .45acp down range. This will be my third range trip this year, hoping to get a lot of time in this year.
 #78704  by Tate

Well had a great time today! Did manage to have 2 issues though, 1 was with my XD managed to have a failure to feed, this was using WWB an after about 80 Rounds or so, cleared it reloaded it and it went bang. Not sure what caused the issue, never had it happen before And the gun was clean other than the previous 80 rounds I shot before it. Other than that shot all 150 rounds I brought along, then had a chance to try out my friends Springfield 1911, it shot great and felt amazing, it was weighty but in a good way, alot slimmer than a XD that's for sure, long story short I need a 1911. After that I broke out my AR and this is where I had an issue, I accidentally loaded my Pmag with 31 rounds instead of 30, when it went to chamber a round it didn't go into battery, I hit the forward assist and nothing, so I tried to drop the mag, it was stuck, managed to get it loose and pulled the charging handle and the round was stuck in the barrel, pulled the charging handle and then hit the forward assist again, this time the round seated, so I pulled the charging handle again to remove the Round and it came out, looked at the round and man was it tore up, the case was very dented. Set it aside and brought it home. Loaded the AR back up and we were running with 0 issues. The 31 rounds was on the very first mag I tried to load for the day, learned my lesson, count your rounds because a pmag will allow you to fit 31 In it.
 #78705  by scampbell3

PMags may allow 31 rounds, but should only load 30. The 'extra' compression of the spring is too allow proper seating of the magazine when the bolt carrier is in battery.

Chip
 #78706  by Tate

Thanks Chip, better to learn this now than if my life counted on it.
 #78714  by bluedog46

IF you are loading them to store with the cover for awhile is it 29 that most people keep in them? Like if you are storing them for shtf?

Tate, I was bitten by the 1911 bug. They are great guns. Love the triggers compared anything else.

Hey if it is good enough to win two world wars I figure its good enough for me :pbjtime:

I still hate the idea of 8 rounds ( 9 with one in the pipe) but with King Markell a 1911 is the perfect self defense carry.
 #78721  by Tate

I tried to load 8 into the Magazine on the 1911 but at 7 it seemed very tight, even though the magazine did say 8. Just stuck 7 in and took a turn. I would like a chance to shoot a 1911 a little more just to get a better feel for it, I will say that all my shots with the 1911 grouped very well, at 7-8 yards within the X/10 Ring. The trigger and smaller size of the grip were the most noticible differences to me.

My friend also has a Sks and a AK but you can't shoot them at Shooters Choice. He usually takes them out to JD defense he told me, so were gonna head out there sometime. Forgot to mention my other friend was there with us as well with his Glock 26, they both loved the AR, it was his first time ever shooting one. Wish I could have shot it more but 100 rounds goes quick. And right now with everything in the toilet I wasn't trying to shoot my whole supply up since I only had 470 rounds left, now down to 370. Need to pick up some more ammo here soon. The biggest thing I've noticed while shooting my new AR is the trigger sucks. It just feels like crap, and the reset is nasty. I think I need to invest in a better trigger group sometime. I mean it's shootable, just doesn't feel great.
 #78737  by Boots

Tate wrote:About an Hr and a Half from Newcastle, it's all outdoors, I believe he also sells firearms, ammo, accessories from his home as well. It's located on RT. 9.
DE has SR 9 and US 9. For State Route 9, most people just say 'Route 9'.

So, to avoid confusing people in other parts of the state, it should be noted that the JD Defense place is located on US 9.