Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #102937  by Dugan

Owen wrote:
Dugan wrote:Another reason I need a bullet trap in the shop hah
"Please Santa, I've been a very good boy this year!" :troll:
If i had access to cheap AR 500 id just build one. haha
 #102942  by whatevah

Owen wrote:I forgot to add that there is a $150 joining fee when you first join as well.

It's pistol caliber only so it can't replace every range but it is indoor and the booths at the firing line are heated (25 yard/50 foot). Down range is not heated (as AP shooters know.) :troll:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:That's good to know! I've easily spent that much between Targetmaster and Elk Neck this year... :oops:
I still need to get over to Elk Neck to shoot. Shotgun and modern sporting rifle (AR) are allowed there right? I just don't like the idea of no OC there.
Dugan wrote:Id need to shoot more.... I still like ommens 4$ shoots
I do too, but no open carry or holster draw is allowed at Omm.
Elk Neck allows all rifles, but no rapid fire (1rd per sec). Shotguns on the rifle range must be shooting slugs, no shotshells. But there is a skeet range if you have someday to throw for ya. All shooting on the rifle range must be from the seated position, no prone or standing. I'm an RSO there, and will be on duty next Saturday the 13th.

There are a lot of rules there, and some new ones (like the seated rule) that are sadly due to the yahoos.

I joined SCCSFA... all outdoors but allows holsters and rapid fire. :)
 #102961  by Owen

whatevah wrote:Elk Neck allows all rifles, but no rapid fire (1rd per sec). Shotguns on the rifle range must be shooting slugs, no shotshells. But there is a skeet range if you have someday to throw for ya. All shooting on the rifle range must be from the seated position, no prone or standing. I'm an RSO there, and will be on duty next Saturday the 13th.

There are a lot of rules there, and some new ones (like the seated rule) that are sadly due to the yahoos.

I joined SCCSFA... all outdoors but allows holsters and rapid fire. :)
Is there a mag capacity thing at Elk neck? My AR is from pre the new law (I'm from DE too) so it's covered I think but I only have big boy magazines. :D
 #102963  by whatevah

Owen wrote:Is there a mag capacity thing at Elk neck? My AR is from pre the new law (I'm from DE too) so it's covered I think but I only have big boy magazines. :D
You can bring a 100rd drum if you want. Only restriction on ammo is nothing flammable (some moron burned down one of the baffles last year shooting tracers after hours).

here is a copy of the rules posted at the range: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/forests/Stat ... e_Regs.pdf
 #103467  by Kuntryboy816

Wed night AP anyone?? I'll be there! Been too long since I've thrown some lead!
 #103468  by Owen

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Wed night AP anyone?? I'll be there! Been too long since I've thrown some lead!
Be there or be square? I should be there. :D
 #103481  by astro_wanabe

I don't have a class Monday / Wednesday evenings this semester so I'm looking forward to attending action pistol again! Especially since I'm upgrading my EDC, could use the practice. Still the same time / price?
 #103485  by Owen

I guess I'm square. I missed AP last night. :(

But I had a good time hanging with my kids, so still a win in my book! :D
 #103488  by Kuntryboy816

astro_wanabe wrote:I don't have a class Monday / Wednesday evenings this semester so I'm looking forward to attending action pistol again! Especially since I'm upgrading my EDC, could use the practice. Still the same time / price?
Mondays - 18:00
2nd & 4th Wednesdays - 18:00

Price- $5 non-member/$3 member