Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.

Good S/D pistol 4 ladies?

1. Glock 42
11%
2. Glock 19
11%
3. Glock 26
17%
4. Ruger LCP
11%
5. Beretta Nano
11%
6. Beretta PX4
6%
7. S&W MP9
17%
8. S&W Bodyguard (SA)
No votes
0%
9. S&W Shield (9)
17%
10. Hi Point off a corner in Wilmington
No votes
0%
 #100887  by Guard_Duck

Another one you may want to have her try is a Keltec PF9. Didn't see it on the list in the poll.
 #100893  by Owen

If she is not 'restricted' by a CCDW want for a small light pistol, I'd suggest sticking with a larger one. I never understood why people want to compromise caliber and weight just for CCDW comfort but that's just me. .380 I'm looking at you. :lol:

My wife likes her full size Sig P226 in 40 S&W. It's DA/SA but she usually shoots it in single action. She had a lighter Sig 2022 in nine (polymer lower) but because it was light it was harder for her to shoot. It may seem counter intuitive, but a heavier pistol can be easier to shoot than a light pistol. The smaller lighter ones make you take all the recoil whereas the heavier framed ones 'absorb' a lot if it. That said my daughter shoots an M&P 9 and she loves it. My buddies daughter started with the M&P 9 and liked it too, but moved over to his M&P 40 in the same session.

All I'd add to what others have said is to shoot as many different as possible. Bring her by AP one night and I bet most there would let her try theirs.
 #100894  by Dugan

Kuntryboy816 wrote:And this is why I can no longer piss off the wife! Lol, this is only the second time she's shot a pistol! She handled the LCP, Nano, LC9, Shield and G26. She chose to shoot the Shield and the LC9. She was all over with the Ruger but when she aimed that Shield I swear I saw a light from heaven and heard angels sing! Lol... she really liked it a lot but she wants to shoot the others before she makes a final decision.

My gf has the shield.

That gun is hard to be precise with.
 #100903  by Amy Blackthorn

MrCoolDale wrote:
I know you didn't say it, I'm not accusing you of any kind of sexism here. Just because the gun is for a girl doesn't mean it needs to be small or light. Let her handle every single pistol in the room.
I heart you. :)

I second the Sig P938. I carry it as my BUG. My primary is the P239 in .40 or .357sig I have both but one ammo is more expensive. Lol
 #100935  by harr2969

My cc weapon is my m&p 40 pro. I'm not a big guy, I have an iwb (inside waist band) 'crossbreed' holster. The grip sometimes bulges out slightly if I lean or twist, but it's under my elbow and no one has noticed that I'm aware of.