Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #112225  by dave_in_delaware

Not sure if any plans were made during last month's meeting. Should we try for next week or the week of Christmas?

EDIT: plans were made.

Date: Tuesday December 17, 2019
Time: 6:30pm
until ?

Place:
Metro Diner

4601 Ogletown Stanton Rd
Newark, DE 19713
 #112226  by astro_wanabe

We discussed having the meeting at Chick-fil-A just to try somewhere "different" than the typical diner scene. However, there has since been some reservations expressed about holding it there due to their political / social stances and the public perception / PR issues surrounding them. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone feels someplace else is better. Attendance has been pretty light in recent months. If anyone feels that more of an involved dinner or more of a fast-foody meal would improve the gathering I'd love to hear their thoughts.
 #112227  by dave_in_delaware

That sounds like a good decision to not hold it there.

I've been wanting to attend more often but between the location and date it's usually impossible or impractical for me to attend on a weekday. Mostly due to distance since now I'm even farther north than before. Seriously, one of these months I WILL be able to attend!! Farther north in DE would benefit me more (i.e. closer to PA), but at the same time I know there are many members who are farther south in DE that would benefit from a meeting place closer to their location.

Did you decide on a date for December?
 #112228  by Boots

We picked Tuesday 12/17, a week from today. (Third Tuesday)

I suggest we either go to The Legend on US 13 again, or maybe one of the Metro diners (either Middletown or the one near Christiana Hospital).
 #112229  by Boots

Astro_*, thanks for following up on this since I dropped the ball after we talked via text.
 #112235  by dave_in_delaware

Boots wrote:We picked Tuesday 12/17, a week from today. (Third Tuesday)

I suggest we either go to The Legend on US 13 again, or maybe one of the Metro diners (either Middletown or the one near Christiana Hospital).
Thanks for posting this!

Let's go with Metro near the hospital this time....
 #112266  by dave_in_delaware

I was hoping to make it down there today, but sadly I picked up a sinus infection over the weekend so I'll be staying home and being miserable.

Have fun everyone.
 #112279  by Boots

The attendees of the December dinner agreed to meet at the Applebees Restaurant in Middletown, DE for the January dinner.

We also agreed to allow possible attendees of the coming dinner to vote on which of two dates they would prefer. The choice would be between Thursday, 1/16 and Tuesday, 1/21.

Dave, would you please set up the poll so everyone can register their vote?

Thanx, Boots