Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #83071  by dave_in_delaware

Just "locking in" this month for stephpd and his annual pool party! :pbjtime:

Specific date to be determined....
 #87455  by stephpd

Well, I had an epiphany, after Brenda told me when we should have the pool party. Checked my calender and I'm scheduled off.

So, mark your calender for the 24th.
As with this party the rules are the same as the others. Bring swimwear, towel and a covered dish. Directions are done through pm's. Party is from noon till midnight.

Brenda and I will provide pulled pork in an apple wine sauce with pineapples. Brenda also wants to make meat balls in tomato sauce. I might be able to talk her into some more of her famous baked beans. We'll probably have some shrimp fried rice too. With all we're making we need someone to bring rolls. (Brenda insists on Amorosa but I'm not as picky). We also supply the hard liquor, margarita machine and ice.

Also note that we do have a grill but I don't cook. If someone wants some other type of meat, like burgers or hot dogs we can fire up the grill for you to cook. (There's lots of preliminary work that goes into making this happen and I refuse to work during the party.)

Like many of these home meet and greets we'll still need side dishes, juice, soda, paper plates, utensils, cups, napkins etc. If you prefer beer bring it. Biggest thing is no clear glass near the pool. (makes it impossible to locate if it gets in the pool)

We also have a gun safe for when you want to swim.
Last edited by stephpd on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #87464  by SigGirl

We wouldn't miss it!!! Put us down for potato salad and brownies.. :pbjtime:
 #88756  by WPCatfish

stephpd wrote: We also have a gun safe for when you want to swim.

I thought you allowed OC in the pool?
 #88806  by DelmarDave

Count Kimmie and I in.
 #88812  by stephpd

WPCatfish wrote:
stephpd wrote: We also have a gun safe for when you want to swim.

I thought you allowed OC in the pool?
Sure you can, if you want too. Wouldn't be the first time.
Some folks may not like trying to get the chlorinated water out of every nook and cranny of the gun. So, I provide a safe place for it while folks cool off in the pool.

By the same token it's been known to happen that people get buck nekkid in the pool, but this being a family type event we'd prefer if folks show some modicum of decency.