Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #94251  by soundman2345

"It's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission." Ask the Capanos how well that theory worked for them with their hotel at Airport Road. :pointlaugh:
 #94254  by mdak06

My first thought is that any meeting centrally located in the state is going to be difficult for a lot of people to get to on a weeknight. Yes, Delaware is a small state, but it's not a city-state. Given the potential for a traffic disaster in the northern part of the state, it is a gamble to hold a meeting mid-state on a weeknight, even if it's in Camden or Smyrna (or Dover, which I wouldn't suggest given the law there). It's easily possible that many folks would arrive late or not at all.

All of that said, it would be nice to have the entire state get together more often - which is to say more than just in the summer.

So what I would propose is that one of the winter meetings (either January or February) be held on a weekend, centrally located (probably Camden), so that more people can attend. It should still be at a restaurant somewhere, but if it's a weekend date then hopefully that will avoid traffic issues and give people time to get there. It could even be a lunch meeting instead of dinner, if that helps.

Since the summer allows for having more downstate meetings (at member's homes) anyway, this one winter meeting can help get folks caught up without having to wait almost an entire year (for the next summer) to see everyone.
 #94264  by stephpd

Well, if there's an interest in a meeting in the middle then lets go for it. I do like the idea of it being a weekend instead of a weekday. Though with my schedule that doesn't mean much, with only one real weekend a month. The other 'weekends' occurring during the week.

Kinda the reason I stay out of the planning and picking dates.