NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ.
 #56510  by Marker

Hey everyone. I grew up in Odessa and was a 99' Graduate of Middletown High School. Spent a little time in the Marine Corps. I have lived the last two years in Dothan Alabama and in about 3 weeks this Yankee will be moving back home (thank god...)!! I received my first firearm when I was 7, an NEF single shot .410, since then I have been through many different types of firearms. My current toys are a Glock 19, a Norinco AK-47/MAK-90 and a good ol' Remington 870 12 gauge. I grew up in the outdoors chasing every critter DE and MD have to offer, the son of a Delaware Commercial Crabber.

I absolutely love shooting and firearms and I am a firm supporter of not only the 2nd, but all of our constitutional rights. My hobbies are hunting, fishing, boating/canoeing, camping, training retrievers, boxing, Philly sports, American Indian lure, honing my survival skills/self reliance, X-Box live, wild life biology, etc, etc, etc.

I was very surprised I hadn't found this site sooner, it's right up my alley and seems to be full of many cool, like minded individuals who share my beliefs and views! I was recommended to visit this site by a DE state trooper who was getting annoyed by my open carry laws questioning, lol. I'm glad he did though, I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to firearms and tactics, among other things. I hope that I can learn even more by being a member here and also get to make some new friends, and hopefully will be able to share some of my knowledge and opinions as well.

It's my belief that if you are going to take the time to carry any type of weapon then you owe it to yourself and those around to be knowledgeable, to handle it safely and be able to apply it effectively. This seems to be a philosophy shared here as well.
 #56513  by Mr.Skellington

Welcome to the site Marker. This is definitely the right place to get info on OC, glad you found us. Also glad to hear that the State Troopers are aware of the site and have recommended it.
 #56520  by Marker

Mr.Skellington wrote:Also glad to hear that the State Troopers are aware of the site and have recommended it.
Yes, while he recommended the site, he made it very clear to me that he, and many other officers are not very fond of open carry. In fact he told me although LEO's in DE are aware of the open carry law, he wouldn't recommend it. I found his mindset, and his attempt to dissuade a law abiding citizen from legally protecting them self to be disappointing and quite narrow minded. An armed responsible citizen could save his life someday, we are a great ally, not a danger to society that we are deemed to be.

I know that this is not the right part of the forum for this discussion, but I found his opinion offensive. I'm going to stop now because this type of thinking, especially by the Police really just angers me.