Discussion about specific topics of Delaware law. Suggest new topics of discussion in General Discussion forum.
 #53412  by dave_in_delaware

Mr.Skellington wrote:BTW does this thread now hold the sites necropost record?
It might. It just might.
 #53413  by NormH3

Brings up interesting scenarios. If you OC a rifle, must it be in some kind of over the shoulder sling or holster?
 #53414  by Condition1

NormH3 wrote:Brings up interesting scenarios. If you OC a rifle, must it be in some kind of over the shoulder sling or holster?
Why would you want to OC a rifle?
 #53416  by NormH3

Condition1 wrote:
NormH3 wrote:Brings up interesting scenarios. If you OC a rifle, must it be in some kind of over the shoulder sling or holster?
I wouldn't.
 #53422  by astro_wanabe

Condition1 wrote:
Because a rifle is a much larger / louder form of political protest. It says that you expect the gov to recognize that your right to bear arms covers ALL of your arms, not just the ones the gov prefers you to bear.

Because simply carrying a rifle isn't any more of a threat than carrying a handgun, and it should be up to you to carry your own property down the street when you aren't infringing on anyone else's rights.

To piss of the antis.

To allow the antis yet another chance to make complete fools of themselves.

Do you really need any more reasons?
 #53425  by Condition1

astro_wanabe wrote:
Condition1 wrote:
Because a rifle is a much larger / louder form of political protest. It says that you expect the gov to recognize that your right to bear arms covers ALL of your arms, not just the ones the gov prefers you to bear.

Because simply carrying a rifle isn't any more of a threat than carrying a handgun, and it should be up to you to carry your own property down the street when you aren't infringing on anyone else's rights.

To piss of the antis.

I see, you carry to make political statements, piss off other people, give bad rep to OC.

I carry guns for protection.

p.s. cool video, especially the part - "[...] there are many things that are legal but inappropriate when done in public [...]" - OCing rifle is one of them IMO.
Last edited by Condition1 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #53427  by Mr.Skellington

Condition1 wrote:
astro_wanabe wrote:
Condition1 wrote: Why would you want to OC a rifle?

To piss of the antis.

I see, you carry to make political statements, piss off other people, give bad rep to OC.

I carry guns for protection, OCing a rifle ridiculous IMO.
I could be wrong but I think everyone here carries for protection.

While I agree that carrying a rifle as a EDC is ridiculous for practical reasons I'm not sure why you feel making political statements or annoying the Brady bunch gives OC a bad rap.

Do you care to explain that position? I'm hoping its not the same rhetoric that the Brady bunch uses about OCing pistols, just applied to rifles.
 #53428  by astro_wanabe

Condition1 wrote:I see, you carry to make political statements,
Carrying a gun is a political statement whether you intend it that way or not. The action shows that you support your right to engage in it.
Condition1 wrote:piss off other people,
Never intentionally, but some people really don't give a :censored: what their oppisition thinks. So what if the Brady Bunch get just a tad more PO'd then they already are? Sure, I think merely ignorant or misinformed anti's should be provided with educational material and an attempt should be made to convert them, but some people are truly driven by agenda. If someone knows full well that I have a right to do something, and is trying to infringe on that right to gain control over me, then giving in isn't going to help. Lots of people rode busses for a ride and sat at lunch counters to eat lunch. Some tried to do the same things, for the same reasons, knowing it would piss off their oppisition. At some point you must be willing to take that (perfectly peacefull) step if you just want to be left alone with your freedoms.
Condition1 wrote:give bad rep to OC.
And where did you deduce that from? Who are you implying would hold OC in a bad light? People who have simply never confronted such activities, and could even become supporters because of the contact, or atleast taught not to be antis? Or people who already view guns as bad, and aren't willing to learn any different anyways?
Condition1 wrote:I carry guns for protection,
That's great. But it doesn't preclude you from also being engaged in making a political statement, nor does being engaged in making political statements necessarily preclude you from having other purposes for your actions.
Condition1 wrote:OCing a rifle ridiculous IMO.
That's nice. And I have tried to convince you to change your mind. And I do care if you do or don't change your mind. But I'm not basing my decision on whether or not to engage in perfectly lawful activities on gaining the blessing of those who oppose me.

Of course it should be noted that I was responding with why SOME one might OC a rifle. I actually never have, outside of a range, and don't intend to anytime soon either because I have more pressing things to do. I just reserve the right to practice my rights, regardless of whether people agree with me.
 #53431  by willyb1972020

OCing is OCing what you use is up to you. If i could be Comfortable with carrying a rifle I would. But lets face it we have a big fight just trying to carry pistols around so i think one step at a time. But thats just my 2 cents