Discussion about specific topics of Delaware law. Suggest new topics of discussion in General Discussion forum.
 #39978  by KEVIN

Boots wrote:
KEVIN wrote:I'm thinking about screwing the belt piece that holds a serpa holster to the front of my cup holder that rests below my console but on the floor right above the tranny. ....
Probably not a good idea. Sorry.
but it's alot more visible there than it is in the passenger seat due to the console being down all the time. the console hides it from view......

some free country we live i tell ya! :banghead:
 #43102  by IRONSIGHTS

I'm glad I found this site. Very informative. I live in Georgetown. I often hunt on private property north of Milford. Now I learn that if I visit my father in Dover after hunting I am violating Dover's draconian anti-gun ordinance. It does not even matter if I have the gun cased since I'm not really traveling to and from hunting, I am taking a side trip. Oh well, one more reason to get a CCDW permit.
 #43112  by Boots

IRONSIGHTS wrote:I'm glad I found this site. Very informative. I live in Georgetown. I often hunt on private property north of Milford. Now I learn that if I visit my father in Dover after hunting I am violating Dover's draconian anti-gun ordinance. It does not even matter if I have the gun cased since I'm not really traveling to and from hunting, I am taking a side trip. Oh well, one more reason to get a CCDW permit.
TRUE.

And, Welcome to DELOC!
 #44771  by bluedog46

Just curious about this one. If i have an unloaded gun in the glove box and my ammo in the back seat ( they are seperate and not redily accessable ) is that ok?

Also what about if i had the gun in its case with a trigger lock on it in the back seat and a mag in my pocket?
 #44781  by GatorDude

Accessible gun (glove box) is a no-no even if ammo elsewhere unless you have a CCDW permit.
 #44795  by George

Remember Delaware’s laws don't distinguish between loaded, unloaded, working or broken. A bare frame in your immediate area is the same felony as a loaded glock.
The exception is long guns which must be unloaded to carry in a car
 #44807  by bluedog46

So if someone has a two seat pickup truck i wonder how they would store it? probably lock it in the case
 #44813  by wwd

GatorDude wrote:Accessible gun (glove box) is a no-no even if ammo elsewhere unless you have a CCDW permit.
Years ago I transported a firearm during my move from TX to NJ. Prior to the drive, I called the FBI. The response given was an example to follow, and went something like this: "Have the firearm unloaded, in a shoebox tied with string, placed in the trunk, with cartridges tied in a different shoebox separate and apart from the firearm, on the floor in the back of the car but not the trunk".

For transporting, depending on the vehicle, just be sure they're secure and placed apart from each other, with the firearm out of reach, preferrably with the cartridges out of reach also. Common sense goes a long way here, as not every situation can be legislated. Also, poor LEO incident documentation could lead to trouble.
Last edited by wwd on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #44816  by wwd

GatorDude wrote:In a case...and in the actual bed of the pickup truck.
??? :?