Discussion about specific topics of Delaware law. Suggest new topics of discussion in General Discussion forum.
 #79091  by sampson13

so if i dont have money for a lawyer i shouldnt OC in a vehicle? it all sounds way to open to interpretation to make it feel safe but then how many have been stopped or had a problem? im thinkin if its legal it should be no worse than having a cuddly stuffed animal with you on your dash or seat in plain view or do we all walk the line every time?
 #79092  by sampson13

I need to know because I cant risk any trouble and dont have the money to fight for my rights so to speak
 #79093  by sampson13

is everybody that OC's making real good money at their job and have a lawyer on retainer or do ya just say ahh ill be ok.....I think. or is there cold hard fact that exists to allow you to just OC without a worry? I wanna but am scared.
 #79095  by dean

sampson13 wrote:is everybody that OC's making real good money at their job and have a lawyer on retainer or do ya just say ahh ill be ok.....I think. or is there cold hard fact that exists to allow you to just OC without a worry? I wanna but am scared.
I'm a poor student and I OC almost everywhere I go, including in my vehicle. I usually just leave my gun on the dash or on the passenger seat, unobstructed by anything. It's not the safest way of transporting your firearm but it's what I'm stuck with for the time being.

As for worrying about having problems with LEOs? That's always an issue. You can follow the law to the book and it's still not going to protect you from having a negative encounter. Maybe you'll be lucky and maybe you won't. Just make sure you're well prepared to deal with such a situation in case one arises.
 #79108  by chrisleduc1

Check my post in encounters of note for open carry in vehicle. I had an uneventful encounter with my .40 on the passenger seat. Both hands on the 10 oclock position and drawing attention to their location because of my loaded 40 seemed to earn the respect of a NCC leo.