Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #108556  by swerve

hey everyone I'm just taking a moment to introduce myself. I dont know if this is in the right area so feel free to move if need be.

I'm new to OC altogether, but quite familiar with and comfortable with concealed carry. I'm a former resident of PA who legally carried concealed for many years, but alas I now live in the nazi state of NJ (wifes family lives here, some fights you simply can't win) so I am now restricted to only OC in DE and PA (I know I know stay away from philly without a permit). being new to having my sidearm out in the open free to judgey eyes is a whole new level of discomfort for me but I will not leave myself or family unprotected so I guess I will have to adapt. that being said is there any areas I should particularly avoid at least until my confidence catches up a bit? I know about the state/county parks issue, and I am aware of Dover's restriction but still doing some research on it. I'm more concerned about places that I'm still legally allowed to OC but might be more likely to be stopped and/or harassed by ignorant citizens or LEO.

On another note I had my first OC experience today, quick shopping trip to BJ's wholesale on 13, caught a few curious employees staring at my sidearm but no issues (including the LEO in an unmarked black SUV who looked down at my sidearm in the parking lot, gave me a nod and kept driving). Also stopped at Staples and nobody seemed to care or even notice what I feel stands out like giant hand cannon screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME"
 #108557  by Kuntryboy816

Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have ya! :D

As far as Dover goes, OC has been an accepted practice there for a while now and Dover PD is pretty much well versed in OC legality. The restriction of having a CCDW or letter from the Chief has been lifted and you can now OC in Dover without having to have either.

So, how far into Communist territory do you live? Is it an option to possibly move into DE and still be close enough to her family? My wife's side of the family is located in NJ (Glassboro, Hammonton areas) and I absolutely hate visiting them... only for the fact that I have to disarm to do so. Another option that may be available to you is to acquire a non-resident permit from like Arizona, Utah or Florida that would allow you to CC in DE & PA. I'm not too well versed in how it would pertain to DE but I know that my AZ non-res permit allowed me to carry in PA until I got my DE & PA permits. Something to look into perhaps.
 #108558  by swerve

I can literally see the bridge from my house. We bought her grandparents house after they passed away. As far as CC I'm working on my Florida permit now, but that won't help me with PA anymore, thank you Kathleen Kane, and I've gotten some mixed info about its coverage in DE. Utah seems like it'll be a real PITA and expensive with their specific training requirement, haven't looked into Arizona yet would that cover either state?
 #108559  by Kuntryboy816

I'm not sure that it covered CC, only transportation in a vehicle. The few times that I went to PA before I had my LTCF, I was openly carrying.

Source material:
http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firea ... led-carry/

I'm not sure exactly what the "residency restriction" is but I believe that it alludes to not allowing CC in PA if you have a non-res permit of another state.
http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firea ... ciprocity/

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firea ... residents/
 #108561  by Kuntryboy816

Hey, maybe now that K. Kane was found guilty of perjury, they'll rescind her stupid revisions to firearms laws? I'm a glass half full type of guy! :lol:
 #108564  by radnor

Welcome!
swerve wrote:I can literally see the bridge from my house. We bought her grandparents house after they passed away. As far as CC I'm working on my Florida permit now, but that won't help me with PA anymore, thank you Kathleen Kane, and I've gotten some mixed info about its coverage in DE. Utah seems like it'll be a real PITA and expensive with their specific training requirement, haven't looked into Arizona yet would that cover either state?
Are you a Delaware resident now? If so, FL A/O UT will do you no good. IF you are a Delaware resident,
you MUST have Delaware to CC here.
 #108567  by Boots

radnor wrote:.... Are you a Delaware resident now? If so, FL A/O UT will do you no good. IF you are a Delaware resident,
you MUST have Delaware to CC here.
In the OP he stated he moved from PA and now lives in NJ.
 #108568  by radnor

Sorry, missed the Nazi NJ. Saw from PA.