Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #108987  by Mirlen

Amy Blackthorn wrote:The last person I asked said they were told by their instructor and gave the training company's name. These people are blatantly lying to curb a behavior they don't like and making money off of it. This needs to stop.
And that company is....
 #108989  by airman1968

So to add to this topic here is a scenario. I start out my day conceal carrying with my coat on. I later find myself say in a Diner and i remove my coat exposing my OWB holster with my weapon, now I'm open carrying at that moment. Problem or not?
 #108991  by GatorDude

Only a problem if you don't have your CCDW permit and were carrying concealed. In the mind of those morons who think it's either CC or OC only, that would be a major problem. Your firearm has to be concealed all the time, they say. More evidence of the absurdity of their position.
 #108992  by NCC

This is always a funny discussion. I always wore OWB. When I could afford it I got my permit for the times I need a vest or coat. Just because I have a permit does in no way make me feel I MUST conceal, I just got the permit should it become concealed. See an encounter I once had. I have no problems making it very visible should the situation require it.
Last edited by NCC on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #109006  by Amy Blackthorn

GatorDude wrote:C'mon, Amy....dime 'em out..... :sparring:
Liberty Firearms Training. I have corrected a number of folks on that point in a year at Cabela's. Most of them cited these people as the ones that told them. Shooter's Choice was the other. [emoji35]
 #109019  by astro_wanabe

If these trainers are in fact intentionally misinforming their students on firearms law in Delaware then Delaware really should stop accepting training certificates from them. Who knows what else they're misinforming their students about?
 #109025  by Kuntryboy816

astro_wanabe wrote:If these trainers are in fact intentionally misinforming their students on firearms law in Delaware then Delaware really should stop accepting training certificates from them. Who knows what else they're misinforming their students about?
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Maybe a formal complaint needs to be made. They busted a few "trainers" a while back for not adhering to the prescribed training mandated by DE law (ie. 2 hr classes, no range time, etc.) didn't they? From what I've heard, those "trainers" had a pretty hefty hit to the bank account when they were forced to refund class fees. Sounds like an undercover investigation may be in order.