Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #14012  by LordJim

Those are all great reasons to get a CCDW License, but keep in mind that for some of us, cost isn't the reason for NOT getting our License.
I understand that. I know that there are a few here, yourself included, who have either been officially denied or suspect that they will be. It's crap, if you ask me, but that's not the point. My point was simply this: If you can afford it, and if you are eligible, then please get the CCDW.
And I do care about our rights to carry even if it's not by being on a list of those who can CC. So we need to "worry" about jackets, holsters, where we can carry, etc.
I never suggested that you or anyone else who carries without a CCDW didn't care about our rights. I know that you do. With regards to having to worry about jackets, holsters, where you can carry, etc . . . Dave, your case illustrates an example where life would have been just a little bit easier (and perhaps a bit less expensive) had you had a permit. I suggest that if you can get the permit, do it, and potentially avoid some of the BS that you went through.
(and by the way: Regal Cinema prohibits BOTH OC and CC. Just because you conceal doesn't mean their policy changes).
You're quite right. Regardless of their policy, I figure what they don't know won't hurt them - and might save me. If they can't see it, they can't make me leave.

-
Jim
 #14016  by Boots

LordJim wrote:... You're quite right. Regardless of their policy, I figure what they don't know won't hurt them - and might save me. If they can't see it, they can't make me leave.
Yep, I'm sure there are others that CC there. ;)

It's probably good that it isn't just the bad guys that will have guns there! :D
Last edited by Boots on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #14018  by LordJim

Quite a bit, in fact. :)

-
Jim
 #14061  by DragonJames

dave_in_delaware wrote: The Police have a "special" kind of jacket that allows them to OC their duty weapons and access them quickly via some sort of slot (or something - I don't know exactly) in the jacket. You may want to check into that "option" for a DIY project on your own coat. Or just buy a jacket like they use. I've considered this, and may do that once my green jacket dies and I need to replace it.
When I went to First Night in Dover this year (Cold as HELL by the way :poed: ) there was a Dover PD in Bell, Book, and Candle wearing a jacket with a slot in the side.

Made me think if I were to put a slit up the side seam of my jacket, then sewing the two sides to make a little slit, I MIGHT just be okay :mrgreen:
 #14065  by Jacques

DragonJames wrote:Made me think if I were to put a slit up the side seam of my jacket, then sewing the two sides to make a little slit, I MIGHT just be okay :mrgreen:
The Lovely Fiona was talking about doing something like that to one of Shreck's coats... If you do this a make a little slit... I suggest that you put some elastic around the slit to snug the material around the holster to keep it from accidentally slipping over your Glock... Perhaps Velcro instead? Design it so that in the unlikely event that you're not exposing yourself the opening isn't so noticeable and scrunches closed Velcro style...
 #14067  by DragonJames

Ken_in_Bear wrote:I suggest that you put some elastic around the slit to snug the material around the holster to keep it from accidentally slipping over your Glock... Perhaps Velcro instead? Design it so that in the unlikely event that you're not exposing yourself the opening isn't so noticeable and scrunches closed Velcro style...
Thanks for the tip, i probly wouldnt have thought about that till i had it all ready to go
:lol:
 #18078  by MeanOperator

Anyone a fan of Fobus Paddle holsters? I have a Fobus HPP,once its in noone but me is getting the weapon out or the holster off of me.Very Comfortable too.
 #32159  by Amy Blackthorn

DragonJames wrote: When I went to First Night in Dover this year (Cold as HELL by the way :poed: ) there was a Dover PD in Bell, Book, and Candle wearing a jacket with a slot in the side.

Made me think if I were to put a slit up the side seam of my jacket, then sewing the two sides to make a little slit, I MIGHT just be okay :mrgreen:
The fact that you were IN BBC, makes me happy. :)

I've seen several companies that make "side slit" jackets to go around your firearm, and I love the idea. I haven't purchased one yet, but may soon.