Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #68838  by bigyota

Ive got an 04 tacoma with limited dash space as well. I mounted the serpa on top of the dash "lazering pedestrians" lol. its tough to find a good spot thats comfortable for you and for LEO's.
 #68840  by bigyota

I was at a sitting at a redlight next to a state cop in a tahoe. he noticed what i had on the dash and just gave me a nod and went about his business. I also open carry on my motorcycle and have had no issues. As long as you act and look like a responsible citizen you'll be treated like one.
 #69252  by jamesh1

New to all of this so, please excuse my ignorance of the topic.
Is it illegal to carry a "in open view" loaded weapon in a vehicle if I don't have a C.C.P.?
 #69262  by Lascivious1

I always have mine on the passenger seat. i yet to be pulled over and find out what an officer would do.
but you can bet your azz ill hit record as soon i see the lights flashing :)
 #70565  by Red Alert

Well here is my thoughts.

First off, how safe is a gun if it's just sitting on the seat? Hit the brakes hard or have a wreck the gun goes flying and becomes a projectile with a possibility of accidental fire.

Also, I like the thought process of figuring out a way to OC in an automobile. However, how assessable would the weapon really be the way those pistols are holstered? I mean I don't think I could grab my pistol quick enough while it's in the upright position it would be, in those pictures. You have to almost get up out of your seat and awkwardly turn your right hand to grab you pistol. In any count I think you would be dead before you had a chance to draw.

The one shot that shows the pistol on a slant towards the passenger floor would make me think twice before seating next to the driver. The muzzle would be pointed to the passengers legs. This doesn't hardly seem safe @ all.

I think the best choice would be like the one that is holstered under the steering wheel or not at all if you can't CC.

Again that is just my thoughts and what seems to be the safest. Many of you folks are worried about where the muzzle is pointed so your trying to figure out the best place to mount for OC in an automobile. However, you need to think about the muzzle pointed @ the passengers legs and being able to draw if you need too...
 #70664  by cappilot06

Here is my set-up. Dash mounted quick-disconnect Serpa holster. It ain't goin' nowhere.

#70706  by Red Alert

cappilot06 wrote:Here is my set-up. Dash mounted quick-disconnect Serpa holster. It ain't goin' nowhere.

Nice...