Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #66287  by bluedog46

From what I understand of no carry locations ( oc or cc) the DMV is not one of the locations forbidden to carry in. Is that correct? I ask because a police officer told my wife that you could not carry there and that "You dont need to since we are here". She said she was tempted to tell him about how seconds count when help is minutes away.
 #66293  by David

I've carried CC in DMV. Didn't really even think about it. Just walked in. No signs on the door. No full body scanners or TSA gropes...yet.
 #66294  by bmel17

bluedog46 wrote:From what I understand of no carry locations ( oc or cc) the DMV is not one of the locations forbidden to carry in. Is that correct? I ask because a police officer told my wife that you could not carry there and that "You dont need to since we are here". She said she was tempted to tell him about how seconds count when help is minutes away.
well the cops really were seconds away. I mean he was standing in front of her right? :troll:
 #66295  by Boots

bmel17 wrote:well the cops really were seconds away. I mean he was standing in front of her right? :troll:
True.

But who's in the parking lot to watch over your gun if it's left in your car? Wouldn't it be safer to leave it in the holster? ;)
 #67077  by tom_20m

Not to be ignorant, but what's the purpose of the Trooper at the DMV's, to catch people with warrants?
 #67078  by astro_wanabe

tom_20m wrote:Not to be ignorant, but what's the purpose of the Trooper at the DMV's, to catch people with warrants?
I'm thinking it's to keep people from assaulting the staff.
 #67104  by Dr. Eastwood

Much like the security at Delmarva Power's building. I can sympathize with anyone who might want to cause grievous bodily harm to the rude and ignorant staff I've had to deal with.
 #67108  by Guard_Duck

Dr. Eastwood wrote:Much like the security at Delmarva Power's building. I can sympathize with anyone who might want to cause grievous bodily harm to the rude and ignorant staff I've had to deal with.
There's a "No Firearms" policy for employees, but I've seen no signage preventing someone else from carrying.
 #107398  by George

Dover DMV now has a sign on door prohibiting firearms or weapons. been out of the loop for a while. has law changed?
 #107409  by myopicvisionary

I just renewed my CDL at the Delaware City DMV. There is a "No firearms or weapons permitted" sign on the front door as you walk in.