Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #80144  by Rush2112

I'll be traveling from PA, where I hold a LTCF, to southern Delaware to visit a friend in a couple weeks. I would like to take my two handguns because we were going to go shooting. Is it legal for me to somehow transport my handguns into Delaware? I do know my LTCF is not honored by DE. Would the firearms have to be open carried in plain sight, or locked up unloaded say in the bed of my truck? I just don't want something dumb to happen and end up losing them if pulled over. Anyone have any knowledge on this? I'd rather not open carry and leave my firearms in plain sight on the front seat or dash, just personal preference. But from what I'm gathering there's no way I can keep the firearms locked up while traveling? And if I were to open carry, I have to travel through Dover on 1 to get to where I'm going. Do the laws of not being able to open carry without a permit in Dover apply when driving down route 1?
 #80145  by Boots

I think your best bet is to follow the Federal rules...
18 USC § 926A - Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.