[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 178: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_LAST_DAY"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 185: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_LAST_DAY"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 178: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_WEEK"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 185: Undefined array key "SITESPLAT_SEARCH_WEEK"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 139: Undefined array key "MAIN_FORUM"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 146: Undefined array key "MAIN_TRENDS"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbootsminicms/event/listener.php on line 146: Undefined array key "MAIN_MAIN_STUFF"
Open carry in Middletown - Delaware Open Carry
Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
  by MyP1245

Anybody open carry in Middletown? Ever? Lately? We have a relatively new police force here.
  by myopicvisionary

On the way back from the Sudlersville matches I would stop at the Wawa in Middletown while OCing.
  by George

I have OC'd at Lowes, home depot, buff wild wings, verizon, kohls, wally world, acme, food line, apple bees, friendlys, wawa, valero, radio shack, and some other places in Middletown. I did not walk down main street, as did not have occasion, but would not hesitate
  by MyP1245

Never any LEO encounters or anything? Very cool. We tend lately to end up at Walmart late at night......... seems to be working out that way. I like shopping late from a crowd avoidance standpoint, but not for the security, so I've been tempted to OC. Have been a bit uneasy about it, partly because our police force in fairly new, and partly because the December meeting is the only other time I have OC'd. Your experiences George make me feel at least a little better about it. Still wish I had the CCDW backup.
  by sean3686

be careful in walmart.

you can read my posts about the camden walmart a while back, but in short.

there is no signs.
its not in the policy, and they wouldnt show me
its not against corprate policy
they just said no they dont want me doing it
the manager flipped the hell out on me blabbering on about how its illegal and that i should get a federal CCW... I think this guy was smokin some dope.

but id never had a problem in there before and it seems to vary alot from store to store. so if theres no signs, then id say go for it.
  by George

camden walmart, had manager ask as we were both briskly walking down the aisle, no problems, Oc there 3-4 times a week.

only problem in middletown was by NCC cops, in a dark building at night with the alarm going off :roll:
  by MyP1245

Thanks guys. Starting to feel a little better about it. Admit to being a little paranoid, not about the bad guys, that's just being prepared. Just don't want to do anything at all to even remotely jeapordize my CCDW application, even though I am fully on board with the lawfulness of open carry. Sweating it too much? Probably, but it is what it is.
  by MrCoolDale

Welcome aboard. It gets to be second nature in time. The first few times are pretty unnerving. Give it time. Just remember to keep aware of your surroundings. Be polite to the cops, but don't consent to anything.
  by Wynder

I know a few of the newer young guys on the Middletown force -- they're, well.. classmates of mine, and a couple of them I also trained for our regional conference shooting competition. I make sure that they're very aware that open carry is lawful. Not speaking for all of the LE's there, though. :)
  by MyP1245

I was as comfortable as I could be, in that I've been going to this particular store for the last five years since I moved here, so I figured the owner wouldn't be too nervous about me. He definitely noticed, but was just as friendly as always.