Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #90825  by Everyday357

Evening all!

I'm originally from Delaware and try and visit at least once a year. However, in the past few years (with the exception of currently living in California) I've lived in gun friendly states (TX,NM,AZ) but only ever kept my Texas license. Stupidly I never got my CCW license from Texas considering CC in your vehicle is acceptable in all of my previous states.

Now, that being said, I'm visiting again after the New Year's and and looking to OC/CC for the first time in my life in my home state. (This is where everyone replays the scene in Wayne's World about Delaware) Before I return I'm looking at getting my Non-Resident Utah and Arizona CC Permits. I know that PA and DE have reciprocity with those licenses.

I'm curious if anyone has had any personal issues with having an out of state ID and an even different Non-Resident CC Permit while OC or CC in Delaware?
 #90826  by SasquatchAF

Personally I have never had a problem with CC or OC from a legal standpoint and I have a Florida lice se and Florida resident CC permit.
 #90827  by stephpd

It really shouldn't be an issue.

OC is legal and requires no license.
CC and it shouldn't be seen, so again not an issue.

It would only be if you're doing something wrong that gets the police's attention.
Then use the out of state license and you're OK. (at least for the gun)

99.99% of the time even OC isn't an issue with most of the police.
 #90829  by Everyday357

posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=9025#Thanks guys! Puts me at ease a bit more.

Am I wrong in reading that the City of Newark is off limits to both CC and OC? I recall there's some repercussions if you carry on campus even though there's supposedly no policy against it, right?

And if I recall, basically all the city and state parks are off limits. Is the Riverfront considered a park to the City of Wilmington's definitions?
 #90835  by brich2929

There is no prohibition on OC/CC in City Parks.
Everyday357 wrote:posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=9025#Thanks guys! Puts me at ease a bit more.

Am I wrong in reading that the City of Newark is off limits to both CC and OC? I recall there's some repercussions if you carry on campus even though there's supposedly no policy against it, right?

And if I recall, basically all the city and state parks are off limits. Is the Riverfront considered a park to the City of Wilmington's definitions?
 #90836  by Amy Blackthorn

Everyday357 wrote:

Newark isn't off limits to either. The Riverfront is not considered a park. U of D doesn't allow guns, but that only applies to their buildings, not the whole town as some Newark people believe.