Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #103782  by Mirlen

5.2 gr was too weak, getting signs of low pressure (decent amount of soot on the cases). Bumped up to 5.4 and 5.6, will givem a try once I man up to the cold :) I hate cold. Rather shoot in 90F heat.
 #103783  by Owen

Sounds like you're doing it right! :applause:

I am lucky that I have DSPC to shoot at. Indoor with heated lanes at 25 yards. Gets cold down range if you go closer but it's out of the weather at least.
 #103793  by Mirlen

Keep pondering a chrono but then I keep thinking I'm gonna shoot it :-P
 #103797  by stephpd

Mirlen wrote:Keep pondering a chrono but then I keep thinking I'm gonna shoot it :-P
I just picked up a Caldwell Chronograph. Supposedly more accurate then most other chrono's. (and costs less)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTN ... UTF8&psc=1

For rifle loads I just can't see how folks can competently work up loads without one. Checking for primer bulge isn't always very accurate as headspace also plays a part in what happens to the primer.

I got a PA-10 for Christmas, PSA's version of the AR-10, and I'm working up several loads for it. Some for target shooting, others for hunting. Got some brass off of Gunbroker. It's all been sorted and prepped. I've gotten most of the bullets I'll be using. Probably will work up the loads this next week or two. Then it's just waiting for a 'nice' day for some range time to see what works best.