Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #10697  by John

Looking to borrow your machine set up for .38spl for a day to reload the TON of .38spl casings that i have laying around. Anyone local able to help me out? I have access to a dillon press but no dies.
 #10711  by stephpd

I'm getting ready to load a few different size rounds with .38 special among them. Not being sure what will be the most accurate with any of these loads I'll just be working up loads for each one and going to the range to find out what the guns like best before I commit to loading up in bulk.

Hopefully I'll be doing this in the next week or so, at least the first round of loads for testing. I'll be needing a really nice day for a day at the range to test since I'll be there most of the day.

I'm working on loads for:
38.spl
44 mag
30-30
30-06

Each having two or more different bullets, some for plinking, some for zombies and the rifles will have at least 3 or 4 different bullet weights and shapes.

I can lend you the dies for the .38 spl. sometime next week if you want to borrow them. The sizer/ decapper isn't carbide but works well enough with lube. Expander and seater/ crimper are standard RCBS.
 #10752  by John

stephpd wrote:I'm getting ready to load a few different size rounds with .38 special among them. Not being sure what will be the most accurate with any of these loads I'll just be working up loads for each one and going to the range to find out what the guns like best before I commit to loading up in bulk.

Hopefully I'll be doing this in the next week or so, at least the first round of loads for testing. I'll be needing a really nice day for a day at the range to test since I'll be there most of the day.

I'm working on loads for:
38.spl
44 mag
30-30
30-06

Each having two or more different bullets, some for plinking, some for zombies and the rifles will have at least 3 or 4 different bullet weights and shapes.

I can lend you the dies for the .38 spl. sometime next week if you want to borrow them. The sizer/ decapper isn't carbide but works well enough with lube. Expander and seater/ crimper are standard RCBS.
The machine that I have access to is set up for large primers (.45 cal). I think 38spl uses small primers. I would have to buy the caliber conversion set, dies, and the whole setup for small primers. I will eventually do this but financially its not a smart investment right now due to bills. I was looking to borrow a full machine for a few hours or half a day if possible to load up a bunch of ammo for shooting at the range, since I am tired of overpaying for factory ammo.
 #10768  by stephpd

Well, I'll do the 38 spl last and leave it set up for that and you can come by and use it. I have a weird schedule, working rotating shifts. The first weekend that I'll be off isn't until the 20-22 of Feb. I'm on day shift now until Tues then it's night shift for a 7 day run starting Thurs. night. And that doesn't include any overtime filling in for guys off. That happens about 2 days a week.

So if you want, pencil in the weekend for the 20-22 and I'll pm you my address. ;)